Notts Cuts Watch

Notts SOS

Dec 12, 2010, 4:18:38 PM12/12/10
to notts-sos-a...@googlegroups.com
The latest edition of Notts Cuts Watch is available now on Nottingham Indymedia:

http://nottingham.indymedia.org.uk/articles/805

This is a weekly bulletin detailing how the Age of Austerity has been
impacting Nottinghamshire over the last week or so. This edition
includes information on grit bins in the city, consultants in the
county and what the students did this week.

The bulletin also includes a helpful run-down of anti-cuts events in
Nottingham over the next week which I've copied below.

Note that we're meeting on Monday at 7.30pm. This will be our last
meeting before Christmas, so try and come along if you can.

UPCOMING EVENTS

*Monday 13th December,2pm, Nottingham City Council meeting which
includes a motion introduced by David Mellen requesting that the
government “review and change” their policies to avoid “leading to a
wasted generation in Nottingham and the UK”. Presumably you can go
along to support the motion. Remember to be rude through the rest of
the meeting.

* Monday 13th December, 7.30pm, Notts SOS meeting. Open planning
meeting at the International Community Centre, Mansfield Road.

* Monday 13th December, 7.30pm, the local labour party is holding a
debate at the Labour Group’s City Agent’s office about the Nottingham
Labour Party’s strategy for the local elections next in May next year.
Council leader Jon Collins is chairing. Why not go along and make some
helpful suggestions? The address is Unit 13a, John Folman Business
Centre, Hungerhill Road, NG3 4NB.

* Wednesday 15th December, 11am, Nottinghamshire County Council
cabinet meets to discuss the budget and closure of Gedling School.
Apparently the Save Gedling School campaign are planning a protest,
although there’s nothing on their website.

* Saturday 18th December, the latest day of action against tax
avoiding corporations. Nothing has been publicised in Nottingham yet,
but there have been actions on the previous days.