Hack the Space Day 2019 - 8th Feb -> 10th Feb

James Adams

Dec 20, 2018, 9:16:27 AM12/20/18
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack

Dear Member,

Recently we have been discussing within the teams and membership that a number of large jobs have been on the list for a considerable amount of time. The Trustees along with the teams have decided that we have enough jobs now to run a “hack the space” weekend. The purpose of this would be shutting the space during this time where no members other than volunteers of this weekend will be permitted to use the space. This will cover both upstairs and downstairs, the following jobs are currently in the plan.

  • Replacement of studio floor

  • Redesigning the Large Project Storage Area

  • Reorganise comfy area including rewiring of speakers

  • Checklist of tools and PAT testing

  • Electrics within the workshop (replacing lights) etc

  • 2.5 jobs TBC

The Trustees request that all teams please keep thinking on what else needs completing and a wiki page will be set up so members can see the job list, place their names against the jobs and the times they can volunteer their time.

Our proposed shutdown will be on 18:00 on Friday 8th February till 18:00 Sunday 10th February.

As you are aware the Trustees are also taking a break for Christmas so I remind members that it make take some time to get any questions answered during this time. I will be taking point on this project and making sure that we have enough people to do the jobs along with materials ordering and liaising with Teams to make sure everyone can have a great day and take part.

If you have any questions you can email the trustees (Trus...@nottinghack.org.uk) or myself directly at james...@nottinghack.org.uk

I look forward to posting more information in the near future.

Regards,

James Adams On behalf of the Trustees

Dan Spencer

Dec 28, 2018, 10:46:13 PM12/28/18
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Sounds great to me, I'll be there.
Is it worth adding this to the google calendar? Not sure who controls that.
As 3 days is quite a long time it could be worth adding some time slots for the key projects if lots of volunteer power will be needed, eg. Flooring.

Also I've stuck this on the wiki here:
https://wiki.nottinghack.org.uk/wiki/Hack-the-space_Day/8th-10th_Feb_2019
Suggest we use it as a job hopper?
I'd like to update the wiki page after the event with a record of what we do on the weekend; so, loads of before/ after photos would be good :)

Ian Dickinson

Dec 29, 2018, 6:37:16 AM12/29/18
to notti...@googlegroups.com

I've added to the calendar, along with a link to the wiki page.

David Percival

Dec 29, 2018, 6:42:37 AM12/29/18
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Would you need people to commit to certain times? More than happy to help out but couldn't say this far in advance how much time I could spare and when

Ian Dickinson

Dec 29, 2018, 6:50:31 AM12/29/18
to notti...@googlegroups.com
No need to make any firm commitments. Just come along and help as/when
you can.

Dan Spencer

Feb 4, 2019, 4:33:09 PM2/4/19
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Reminder to all that this is the coming weekend

James Taylor

Feb 10, 2019, 3:13:29 PM2/10/19
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I've been at work all weekend unfortunately.

Is there any task overrun that needs finishing tomorrow?