Anyone doing pottery? I have a request.

Matt Pritchard

Oct 20, 2023, 5:45:54 AM10/20/23
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
I need a cover for my chimney, something like this: https://www.jewson.co.uk/p/hepworth-terracotta-flue-vent-red-190-x-290-mm-CLHEP217

£150 seems massively excessive for what is essentially a weird shaped plantpot.

Is anyone able to make something like this, or point me to resources I could use to make my own? I'd be happy to pay for someone to make one if it's significantly less than Jewson.

Or if anyone can explain why £150 is reasonable I might be placated...

Emily Roe

Oct 20, 2023, 6:04:12 AM10/20/23
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Well can't help with the making, but seen those as low as £20 on eBay, and anything from £45 to £75 elsewhere. Jewson are just overpriced.

Matt Pritchard

Oct 20, 2023, 7:04:26 AM10/20/23
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Ah yeah, I've found some cheap ones now :D

Christopher Towns

Oct 20, 2023, 2:05:41 PM10/20/23
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm not a regular on this group but google Terracotta Flu Vent Red 190mm and there are heaps of them as cheap as £44.
Chris