Offer: Motorized Treadmill (spares or repair, collection strongly preferred)

James Scholes

Jul 18, 2022, 12:07:30 PM7/18/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
I have a slightly less-than-100% Reebok iRun (v1) treadmill taking up space in my garage.

When I got it (off freegle) there were no signs of life, but having cracked it open and replaced the internal fuse I got it going again for a few months. However it began nuisance tripping the breaker on in-rush and the last time it was used there was a faint smell of burning, so I suspect the motor is in need of some attention, which is beyond my skill set.

If anyone would like to attempt to repair it, or wants to strip it for parts (as well as the beefy motor there are some rather heavy duty rollers and belt), and is able to collect from Alfreton please let me know. I'm probably going to take it to the dump in a couple of weeks, but thought I'd offer it to any enterprising hackers first.

James

James Taylor

Jul 18, 2022, 1:43:22 PM7/18/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

Do you know if it has an ac or a DC motor?

Thanks

Jim

James Scholes

Jul 18, 2022, 2:04:32 PM7/18/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure it's this one https://manualzz.com/doc/61745206/reebok-irun-treadmill-instruction-manual

...which is therefore a DC motor.

Hope that's helpful.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nottinghack/CAMKu86UXK3NWwMX_dA4ZT0JXyW%3DKDQB4mWzuKKFCyo-axZgTOg%40mail.gmail.com.

James Taylor

Jul 18, 2022, 2:23:12 PM7/18/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Aah that's handy.

I am on holiday at the moment but could collect it next week if still available.

Have to go up that direction once a week anyway usually on Tuesday.

Cheers

Jim