Discord - HMS connection help

wes.p...@googlemail.com

Sep 25, 2023, 5:50:27 AM9/25/23
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Can anyone help me join the Discord group, please? I have copied and added my Discord ID to HMS and received emails from HMS to say I have been added. Nothing has happened on Discord though. I've deleted the Discord ID and saved this, then have readded, as per the instructions on HMS, but still nothing. I've tried this on my phone and on a desktop browser.

Any advice, gratefully received!

Many thanks :)

Matt Lloyd

Sep 25, 2023, 5:57:30 AM9/25/23
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Did u join the discord server first?
U should to be in the public channel on there at least before going into hms

And that’s a better place to ask for help on this topic.

Matt

On 25 Sep 2023, at 10:50, 'wes.p...@googlemail.com' via Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack <notti...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Can anyone help me join the Discord group, please? I have copied and added my Discord ID to HMS and received emails from HMS to say I have been added. Nothing has happened on Discord though. I've deleted the Discord ID and saved this, then have readded, as per the instructions on HMS, but still nothing. I've tried this on my phone and on a desktop browser.

Any advice, gratefully received!

Many thanks :)

Aaron Jackson

Sep 25, 2023, 7:16:40 AM9/25/23
to notti...@googlegroups.com, Matt Lloyd
Worth including a link to the page on the wiki, the instructions mention having to join the discord first
https://wiki.nottinghack.org.uk/wiki/Discord

Hmm it shouldn't send a message on discord if it hasn't found you, probably a bug, will take a look later

Cheers
Aaron