Bridgeport EZ Trak DX 3-axis CNC milling machine.

Matt Pritchard

Dec 11, 2023, 7:39:57 AM12/11/23
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
I'm bidding on an auction for this machine, would Hackspace have space for it?

Matt Lloyd

Dec 11, 2023, 7:46:05 AM12/11/23
to NottingHack Google Groups
No we do not have the space

On 11 Dec 2023, at 12:39, Matt Pritchard <dicecu...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm bidding on an auction for this machine, would Hackspace have space for it?

Matt Lloyd

Dec 11, 2023, 7:51:52 AM12/11/23
to NottingHack Google Groups
Suspect this is the same one that was mentioned on discord, to which I already said "a cnc bridgeport is not a good fit for the space`’

Matt

Matt Pritchard

Dec 11, 2023, 5:45:31 PM12/11/23
to notti...@googlegroups.com
It went for £115 :(

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nottinghack/8B310FB0-6D84-454F-B6CA-D273FA280602%40gmail.com.

James Taylor

Dec 12, 2023, 3:16:10 AM12/12/23
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I saw that and went down the rabbit hole of just how difficult would it be to install three phase at home?

smith_barry

Dec 12, 2023, 3:53:34 AM12/12/23
to notti...@googlegroups.com
From my experiance the main motors can be set up to 240v 3 phase so use an 240 to 3phase 240 inverter. The control electronics, servo and x/y motors can be set up to work from single phase.  So no need to consider bringing in a 3 phase supply.
Barry

Sent from my Galaxy

Matt Pritchard

Dec 12, 2023, 7:27:47 AM12/12/23
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
If I'd managed to buy the house I wanted, it had a workshop that already had 3 phase, I'd have been bidding a lot harder for this thing!