Cigarette butt collector project

Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack

Jun 23, 2022, 10:31:33 AM6/23/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
We've had the following enquiry from Nottingham BID - Business Alliance ...

"I hope this finds you well? I have been tasked with a project to find someone capable of creating a cigarette butt collector and instantly thought of the Hackspace community. Is there anyone that would be up for the challenge? This would be used across Nottingham city centre."

They require an electric re-chargeable version of something like this ..

https://www.morclean.com/products/bacvac-litter-collector/

If anyone is interested, please contact membe...@nottinghack.org.uk and we can forward on the email and contact details.

James Scholes

Jun 27, 2022, 11:58:37 AM6/27/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Rather than reinventing the wheel, I doubt they're going to do much better than a portable dust extractor designed for work sites https://cpc.farnell.com/dewalt/dcv584l-gb/18v-cordless-vac-dust-extractor/dp/TL18918 - swappable batteries, multi-charge stations available. Maybe a bit of time could be spent designing a convenient harness?

Carl Stephenson

Jul 1, 2022, 12:59:10 AM7/1/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Using an existing unit would work, but may need extra filters for the very fine ash...

Lee Hutchison

Jul 1, 2022, 3:21:34 AM7/1/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
There's also this cheaper one from toolstation thats already designed for ash and looks a bit easier to make an harness for.  However the batteries and charger are not included

Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack

Jul 1, 2022, 2:27:10 PM7/1/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi James, Carl, Lee,

If any of you want to discuss this project directly with the sponsor let us know and I can forward the contact details.

Regards,
Ian