Using the classroom next week (Wednesday 13th)

Oliver Parker

Apr 5, 2022, 6:14:15 AMApr 5
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi all, I run a meetup group called Nottingham Filmmakers (link for anyone interested here). I am just checking if people are okay with me using the classroom for the next meetup event? It will be next Wednesday and between 7pm - 9pm approximately. I am eager to do this monthly so let me know if there are any objections.

Cheers,
Oliver

Andrew Armstrong

Apr 12, 2022, 1:45:46 PMApr 12
to Oliver Parker, Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi Oliver!

Sorry I missed this, guess I'll respond.

Events at the space just for members are always fine and usually don't need a lot of effort. We can advertise it like the Motors and Mayhem event.

However this looks like members of the public (ie non members) may attend so like past enquiries some notes:

* we would highly recommend you get a donation to the space for using the facilities. If you want a guideline "price" we can recommend one. If you want it charged through eventbrite (likely not!) we can arrange it.
* there are no toilets downstairs yet! You'll have to escort upstairs I guess.
* you will be accountable and responsible for all non-member activity and need to inform people of relevant rules - https://rules.nottinghack.org.uk/en/latest/
* currently there is no true booking system for the room, thus we might want to add it at least to our public calendar if it's a public event. If it's a private event we'll have to figure something out so people don't try and use it at the same time

If it's monthly then the second Wednesday will be open hack night so be aware of tours and noise from them.

If you want to discuss more let me know.

Andrew

Oliver Parker

Apr 12, 2022, 3:25:29 PMApr 12
to Andrew Armstrong, Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
These all sound absolutely fine. It will be non members (a few are members though) and it won't be a large group. I think the tour is tomorrow but that shouldn't be a problem if it gets a bit too noisy we can maybe move somewhere this time. I did not realise there was a public calendar. Could you link me to that?
--
Oliver Parker

Andrew Armstrong

Apr 12, 2022, 3:29:02 PMApr 12
to notti...@googlegroups.com, Oliver Parker, Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Our wonderful calendar; https://nottinghack.org.uk/calender/

I'll write a guide to running events but it is always recommended to post here, on slack or come to a members meeting if its a frequent thing, so people know why there are random members of the public around.

Andrew