PLANER

geoffwa...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2022, 3:28:39 PMMar 16
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
bobw
hi bob i enquired about the damaged planer you had donated and wondered if you managed to repair it as i showed interest if you were not going to repair it
regards geoff

bobw

Mar 18, 2022, 6:41:37 AMMar 18
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Malcolm freed up the rise and fall and it briefly but very noisily worked before magic smoke appeared. On investigation we found that the cutter block was not rotating properly and its driving belt was smoking. It looks like failed or jammed bearings. To get the cutter block out seems to require major dismantling so we have put it to oneside for the moment and have not yet decided what to do with it. If I don''t let you know in a couple of weeks about its fate then remind me by posting here.
Best wishes
Bob

geoffwa...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2022, 2:31:57 PMApr 6
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
hi bob
i know you have been very  busy recently at hackspace with the recent fire but i have just read your recent reply with regards to the damaged planer  and wondered if you reached a decision about it.
regards geoff

bobw

Apr 6, 2022, 6:10:07 PMApr 6
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Yes, It so happens I discussed the matter with Malcolm this afternoon. We decided that we did not want to keep it, so it is now yours. I am in the space between 2 and 4pm this Saturday. If you can come then I will give it to you.
Bob

geoffwa...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2022, 7:52:06 AMApr 7
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
hi bob
many thanks for the offer of the planer but sorry to say i cannot get on saturday so could you let me know when you are there next and hopefully i can pick it up
then
regards geoff

bobw

Apr 10, 2022, 5:26:24 AMApr 10
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
To Geoff,  How about Thesday evening, I will be in dusty area  or Wed eve. I will be doing Tours.
Bob

geoffwa...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2022, 9:42:03 AMApr 10
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
hi bob
ok many thanks will see you on tuesday evening
regards geoff