Rotary Tool Question

ollz_r...@hotmail.co.uk

Jun 21, 2022, 2:39:24 AM6/21/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi all,

I've been to hackspace this morning, attempting to use the rotary tool for the first time.
I have the wiki page open & got the tool connected successfully to the Y axis, but then when I turn the laser on it keeps spinning whilst trying to find the datum ...

Any tips would be appreciated? :)

Ian Dickinson

Jun 21, 2022, 3:05:09 AM6/21/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com

I think the instructions may be missing a step to turn off "auto datum" in the machine settings.

However, as a quick workaround, if you can reach and press the red and black microswitch at the back of the right hand Y rail this will stop the tool rotating.

I'll take a look at this when next in.