Laser

David Percival

Apr 2, 2024, 4:18:52 PMApr 2
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I havent been to the workshop in months as I no longer live in Nottingham but I was planning on coming up this weekend to use the laser.

I just logged into HMS and on tools it says it is disabled?!

Is this correct and It is not avaliable to use anymore?

Please can someone let me know ASAP as if I can use it, I need to buy materials before the weekend.

Thank you
David

James Taylor

Apr 2, 2024, 4:19:58 PMApr 2
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Have you re-inducted on the new laser?

Aaron Jackson

Apr 2, 2024, 4:22:24 PMApr 2
to notti...@googlegroups.com, David Percival
Hi David,

The laser at the top of the list is the old one. The new laser is
"Boxford Laser" at the bottom. A fault developed today though and it's
now out of action until repaired.

cheers,
Aaron
--
https://aaronsplace.co.uk

David Percival

Apr 2, 2024, 4:39:19 PMApr 2
to Aaron Jackson, notti...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for replying so quickly!

I just spotted the Boxford laser. I haven't been re-inducted on this one.

Is there any chance that the laser will be up and running and I can be inducted on it this Sunday?

Thanks
David

Aaron Jackson

Apr 2, 2024, 4:58:44 PMApr 2
to notti...@googlegroups.com, David Percival
Free re-inductions were run throughout all of March, it's a shame you
missed one of those.

We won't know whether any of this is possible until someones come to
take a look at it - that might be tomorrow but we're not sure
yet. If it's a large fault it might be out of action for a while
unfortunately. Hopefully it's something simple :)

I'd say the first step is to request an induction via HMS - this will be
a paid induction. I'm not sure if anyone will be available to do an
induction this weekend though (assuming the laser cutter is fixed by
then)

Cheers,
--
https://aaronsplace.co.uk