RIPE Atlas - credits available

James Hayward

Jan 5, 2023, 5:44:49 AM1/5/23
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Way back when in the mists of time (or more accurately, 10 years ago today) we set up a RIPE Atlas probe on the Nottinghack Network.

We also set up a measurement on the network, using our probe, which pinged nottinghack.org.uk every 240s.  No, I don't remember why :)

These measurements cost credits, but having a probe generates credits, and we currently have a 50.4K credit surplus per day and a balance of 117 million credits!

This is all currently tied to my email address, but I don't have anything I want to do with it.  We should probably move it to a generic nottinghack address so people can actually run measurements if they want to?

Or we can just leave it as is, doing a little bit of good for the Internet :)

Daniel S

Jan 5, 2023, 11:30:50 AM1/5/23
to notti...@googlegroups.com
And for anyone interested, this is our probe:

Daniel

Benjamin Crowe

Feb 6, 2023, 4:54:31 AM2/6/23
to notti...@googlegroups.com
This looks interesting, what are the credits used for? Just to pay for measurements?

James Hayward

Feb 6, 2023, 4:56:53 AM2/6/23
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I believe so, I have done so little with it that I'm not 100% sure!