Open Day Flyers/Posters YOU need to spread these around.

Jake Howe

May 17, 2012, 7:14:41 AM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone.

If you are not aware we are having an Open day on the 26th of this month. We now have some flyers (100 of) sat in the members blue room on the table. As well as about 10 black and white posters.

What we need now is for people to take these out and about to help spread the word. You can easily hand over a couple of flyers to any other groups that might be interested. The A5 flyers are also more than suitable to get pinned up in various places (notice boards, shop windows etc). There are also a few A4 sized posters which can be pinned up in places as well.

We have 100 flyers, so there is plenty to be dished around. However we do not really want someone walking around handing them out to pedestrians, it needs to be more targeted than that.

We do not have long to hand these flyers out. We need to advertise the open day. We need to draw in new members so we can maintain having a hackspace. So even if you are not going to be at the open day you can help out by spending an hour of your time to hand out a few leaflets.

After you have distributed some flyers if you could let us know on this mailing list, just so we can keep track of where people have gone so we do not double leaflet people.

Also, come the open day if we still have a substantial amount of flyers left you will see all sorts of crazy spouting from my general location.
(if you are not sure who I am, I will be the one sat at the table with the guns, spears, swords etc)

Jake

- gmjhowe

David Hayward

May 17, 2012, 7:27:35 AM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I took some to the Moot last night, and they'll put them out for us. They already had bookmarks on all of the tables. In return, I put a few posters up in the hackspace for a free gig they're having on June 1st.

David

Dominic Morrow

May 17, 2012, 7:38:05 AM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
There are also Maker Faire posters did these get taken anywhere? Really need help with this as I'm not around as you know. I made a pretty specific list of where they need to go. I can give someone some free tickets or a TShirt if they get this done.

James might have collected a load of Maker Faire Flyers yesterday too these need to go out to the usual suspects.

Ideally we'd like to get ALL leaflets into places like the library, sumac centre, Maplin, craft shops, galleries, museums and Antenna. I took a maker Faire poster to anchor surplus plus some book marks.

Thanks

Dominic

Sent from my iPhone

James Hayward

May 17, 2012, 7:39:57 AM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com

I collected leaflets and more posters, these are also in the blue room.

If you need any up in Derby, let me know!

Kate Bolin

May 17, 2012, 7:48:56 AM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Grabbed a pile of both last night to take to Knit Nottingham.
--
Kate Bolin
www.katebolin.com

Dominic Morrow

May 17, 2012, 8:05:43 AM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
The Derby people are taking care of that there are like 10 of them it's Nottingham I'm worried about thanks though

Dominic

Sent from my iPhone

Joe Duckhouse

May 17, 2012, 8:14:47 AM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I'll swing by after work and grab some for antenna.

Is there a PDF version available?
I'll see about getting it on our members mail list.

Sent from my iPhone

Dominic Morrow

May 17, 2012, 8:25:10 AM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Joe please take one Maker Faire poster and 10 or so flyers for the Faire too! Thanks.

Husqvanna and Maplin are pretty neat antenna too aren't they? :)

Dominic

Sent from my iPhone

Spencer Owen

May 17, 2012, 8:27:55 AM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Just as an aside, I was walking past RF Potts in Derby yesterday and
stopped to look at the stuff in the window and was really pleased to
see a DMMF poster there. It looked great!

Spencer

Joe Duckhouse

May 17, 2012, 8:33:03 AM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Yep, i'll grab some for there also.

What size is the poster? I'll have to ask about that first.

Should i grab some for our education arm also?
We have several thousand students who would probably be interested, especially the music tech lot.

Jake Howe

May 17, 2012, 8:35:19 AM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Here is a PDF of the Open Day Flyer/poster. Its all vectored so just print it at the relevant size you want be scaling up in the print dialog.

Jake
Nottinghack-Open Day Flyer.pdf

Dominic Morrow

May 17, 2012, 8:37:31 AM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
It's A3 but please only take 1 per venue as its a very finite resource.

Education YES
Incinerator NO

Erm sorry that's a Southwold joke. It's yes please to education thing.

Dominic

Sent from my iPhone

Martin Raynsford

May 17, 2012, 8:56:54 AM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com

To save you some time, maplin won't put up a poster anywhere other than the staff room, I've asked previously.

On 17 May 2012, at 13:25, Dominic Morrow wrote:

> Joe please take one Maker Faire poster and 10...

Kate Bolin

May 17, 2012, 9:01:37 AM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Booooooo.

Sneak them into kits they're selling?

;)
--
Kate Bolin
www.katebolin.com

Joe Duckhouse

May 17, 2012, 8:44:49 AM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Great stuff.

I doubt i'll be able to put the poster up in antenna but it shouldn't be a problem in the student cafe.
I'll confirm before i take any posters so they aren't wasted.

Do you want posters for maplin and husqvanna or just flyers?

Dominic Morrow

May 17, 2012, 6:42:07 PM5/17/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Posters if they'll put them flyers if not 5 or 6 will do

Sent from my iPhone

Jake Howe

May 20, 2012, 5:26:17 AM5/20/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I have been sent a small bunch of flyers for the Derby Maker faire.
If they can be put to good use I will bring them over to the hackspace on wednesday, there are only so many places to put them up around me.

Otherwise, how are we going with the Open Day flyers? With the open day next weekend, this week is key to getting those flyers out.
Does anyone have an update to how many are left in the hackspace? Have people who took some been able to distribute them successfully?

So far I have -

- Kate took a pile of both flyers for Knit Nottingham
- David took some to the Moot (who also had some of our bookmarks out too)

If you have taken some flyers, please let me know on here, if you have distributed some, then also let me know on here.
Thanks to those who have.

If you have not, please endeavour to spread some about, we need good attendance at the open day to push membership and keep the hackspace afloat.
If you are taking some flyers, take some of both the Open Day ones, and the Maker Faire ones, two birds one stone. Makes sense for one person to take two types of flyer opposed to two people taking different flyers.

We also have plenty of the bookmarks, so feel free to take some of those with you as well. You can specifically tell organisations that the bookmarks can be left until they are gone. Opposed to the flyers which will go out of date.

Jake

(note, more than happy to use this thread for both Open day flyer updates, and Maker faire updates)

Kate Bolin

May 20, 2012, 5:47:15 AM5/20/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Dropped off a pile at Knit Nottingham and the Bead Shop.

Hitting Lee Rosy's and Broadway on Tuesday.

Has anyone put Open Day flyers around Roden House? It might be a good way to let our neighbours know what we are and what we do.
--
Kate Bolin
www.katebolin.com

Dominic Morrow

May 20, 2012, 6:08:21 AM5/20/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Can we have a status update from everyone on the party? Thinking about it we said we'd get a barrel of beer is that still possible? How many are actually going to the evening party?

About flyers

If someone would kindly take some to hobbycraft, Hopkinson, Sumac, Cityfarm, Ecoworks, 1 Thoresby St, Antenna. There are other places I can't remember the name of too. There are artists places at various buildings around Nottingham, there is that place for working in Forest fields with wood working kit and does bikes! Bike shops and camera shops would also seem likely targets as quite a few of our existing members have huge cameras and like bikes.

We've left this disappointingly late haven't we. I might do a big distribution of anything that's left on Thursday. Hopefully there will be nothing by then and I'll just be taking DMMF and bookmarks around with me.

I'd quite like to hear what has gone out.

DM

Sent from my iPhone

Kate Bolin

May 20, 2012, 6:12:37 AM5/20/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I'll be at the party, but I won't be drinking beer.

I will, however, be bringing the bottle of spiced vodka that I made for the Christmas party and never got to drink.
--
Kate Bolin
www.katebolin.com

Spencer Owen

May 20, 2012, 7:31:34 AM5/20/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com

I will be at the party and drinking beer.  If there's enough interest in a barrel then I will happily pledge a Tenner.  If not I'll bring a tenners worth of supermarket beer.

(I will, of course, be there for the open day too)

Spencer

Dominic Morrow

May 20, 2012, 8:18:31 AM5/20/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
The barrel we had at Festivus from the magpie brewery was cheap wasn't it? I'd rather put a tenner towards a barrel if it's pretty inexpensive but I admit I don't recall the prices.

DM

Sent from my iPhone

Chunky

May 20, 2012, 12:07:07 PM5/20/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com

I'll take some flyers to the Hopkinson tomorrow.

I have 40 pints of hackspace homebrew ready to drink.
Its actually quite nice. We could use that up rather than buy a whole barrel?..

Later,
Matt

Dominic Morrow

May 20, 2012, 12:24:10 PM5/20/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Ok Matt we'll give it a good go! I'd be happy to pop a few quid in the jar for it too!

DM

Sent from my iPhone

Joe Duckhouse

May 20, 2012, 6:50:58 AM5/20/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I've put some of each out in antenna and confetti.
I've also arranged for a slot in the antenna members mail shot.

Took extra to distribute at maplin and husqvana but didn't manage to get out of the office on Friday. Will take them out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

Dominic Morrow

May 20, 2012, 5:03:27 PM5/20/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Joe

Joe Duckhouse

May 21, 2012, 7:11:06 AM5/21/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Open day just went out in the Antenna members newsletter.
Mini maker faire will go in next week (as the event is next week)

Ill report back later in the week with how many people clicked through.

Jake Howe

May 21, 2012, 7:11:56 AM5/21/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Excellent.