Green Hustle Festival - Sat 5th June

Ian Dickinson

May 22, 2021, 8:44:13 AM5/22/21
to notti...@googlegroups.com

-------- Forwarded Message --------

branding-10

Hello Green Hustlers

We're only a few weeks away from our Green Hustle festival, which is taking place Saturday 5 June 10AM - 4PM.

We will be monitoring capacity levels throughout the day, ensuring we stay covid-compliant to keep everyone safe. The event is completely free and open for everyone to attend, and we hope to see you there!

Green
                                    Hustle Festival
Green Hustle Festival
Saturday 5 June, 10AM - 4PM.

We'll be taking over Sneinton Market Avenues with our brilliant friends from Soul & Flare, The Avenues Market, Blend and Street Food Club. We're working with a huge number of local organisations, artists, curators, performers and independent stallholders to pack out the day.

We'll also be extending into King Edward Park for our fringe event where you can check out Backlit, SkateNotts and Nottingham City Homes.

Nottingham Vegan Market will also be in full swing on Sneinton Market (opposite Victoria Baths).

Check out our full line-up below or head to our website and find out more.

Green
                                    Hustle Line-up

Nature Relay

Our first ever Nature Relay schools project takes place May 28 with inner-city schools. Project Leader Christine has designed a fun, creative and educational Nature Relay Day for primary aged children to learn about bees, wildflowers and the importance of maintaining insect habitats.

With thanks to Nottingham locals who donated many different items to the cause, we have built each school their own insect hotel, which can live on the school grounds for several years. As part of the Nature Relay activities, children will take part in the scavenger hunt to collect materials needed to fill the hotel, so bees, butterflies and insects can naturally gravitate towards using the space, helping to pollinate the flowers and progress the habit to their own needs. The top of the hotels contain wildflowers and lavender, encouraging wildlife to the area and creating more green space within the school grounds. We've also created digital learning content for the children so they can also learn about planting for pollinators, the effectiveness insect hotels and how to create seed bombs. All schools taking part will receive a certificate for their engagement and will become a Green Hustle School.

If you know of a local Nottingham School that want to become part of our collective, drop an email over and we can get in touch when our next project hits!

WhatsApp
                                    Image 2021-05-13 at 21.14.21
Shop Zero
Sustainable offers at Shop Zero

As lockdown eases, Shop Zero - your one-stop-local-shop for eco friendly goods - are pleased to be welcoming more customers back to their city centre store!
It’s great to see old friends and new customers alike.

It’s World Bee Day on the May 20th - so Shop Zero are celebrating the amazing Bee and the stunning work it does for our survival and maintaining our natural environment. There's a special offer on our bee-related products, which is available until midnight on Sunday 23 May.

Plus if you're a NET tram user you can get 10% off all products by showing your pass/ticket at their city centre store or at our online shop.
More info here

IMG_3040

Nottingham Climate Assembly

Nottingham Climate Assembly came together in June 2020 to explore the potential for a Citizens Assembly. Their activities aim to involve local residents in responding to environmental issues. All members live in the Greater Nottingham area, but know that their steering group needs to be more diverse and welcome advice and input from everyone – so feel free to get in touch!

The Green Meadows Project

In the Autumn of 2020 Nottingham Energy Partnership and the Mozes Community Energy Group were successful in bidding on behalf of the Meadows Community in Nottingham for a grant from the Community Lottery. The project was called Green Meadows and the bid was made to the Climate Action Fund of the Lottery.

The project started in March 2021 and will continue for 5 years. It covers a series of 16 separate initiatives within 3 themes:

  • Homes and Buildings
  • Living for the Future
  • Measures for Success

Homes and Buildings concentrates on both individuals and the community as a whole. At a community level, it aims to map out and monitor the actual carbon footprint of the Meadows area, energy modelling the different building types, energy generation/storage and transport infrastructure. At an individual level there will be training and resources available for residents to learn how to tackle winter heat loss, summer heat gain and reduce their energy bills.

Living For the Future covers a whole range of practical learning and engagement opportunities for all ages from school and upwards. Workshops, bootcamps, competitions and funding opportunities for smaller group endeavours will be there, as well as a web resource covering all the issues people might want to know about if they want take action against climate change. It's important to find out how people want to engage, whatever their age or background, and about measuring how successful the different parts of the project have been.

166273255_811310629507300_6591965976022228548_n

Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust

#30DaysWild

Take on the UK’s biggest nature challenge with NWLT by signing up to their annual nature challenge.

If you can do one wild thing a day throughout June, Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust wants it to be for your health, wellbeing, for wildlife and for the planet. Go on a bug hunt, switch to green energy, splash in puddles… whatever you do, just make sure it’s wild!

When you sign up, you’ll even receive a free pack of goodies to help you plan your wild month, including an activity passport and a wall-chart. We’ve got special packs for those taking part at their school, care home, or workplace, too!

Working in partnership to achieve a Nature Recovery Network

A range of exciting habitat projects demonstrating the partnership approach needed to create a flourishing Nature Recovery Network, have made great progress despite the challenges of lockdowns.

Teams from the Wildlife Trust, Severn Trent Water and the Environment Agency recently visited the Idle Washlands and Idle Valley Nature Reserve in north Nottinghamshire to view the progress made with efforts to boost habitat for species including water voles and wading birds and to reintroduce beavers to the county for the first time in 400 years. The projects form part of a major programme being delivered by the partners which also includes work with farmers and landowners to improve habitats for wildlife on their land as well as efforts to conserve soils and minimise pollution in vital water courses. You can read more about their trailblazing and restoration here.

173505801_10159935853946800_4839925983619082658_n
And remember to subscribe to our Facebook, Instagram and Youtube channels which are stuffed with tonnes of green content.

Until next time,

The Green Hustle team 💚

Screenshot
                                    2021-03-17 at 19.06.50