Carbon fibre fabric offcuts to donate

Jon Crookston

Jul 22, 2021, 9:54:05 AM7/22/21
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack

Hi,

I work at a company called Far-UK based in Wilford.  We work mostly with composites and we are generating offcuts of carbon fibre reinforcement fabric which we would rather donate to Hackers than throw in the bin.

If anyone could use some of this material please message me directly.

We have rolls ranging from 100mm to 300mm wide and up to 6m long, as well as a few bin bags of irregular offcuts. The carbon fibre is a biaxial non-crimp fabric and approx 300 grams per square metre.  I think there's some similar glass fibre fabric available too; I can check if anyone's interested.

This is our company website if of interest: https://www.far-uk.com/.

Thanks,

Jon.

Carl Stephenson

Jul 22, 2021, 10:47:38 AM7/22/21
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I would love any carbon fibre offcuts you may have spare (got a few projecs in mind). Where & when can I pick them up?

D Spence

Jul 23, 2021, 2:26:12 PM7/23/21
to notti...@googlegroups.com
ditto. do you have the resin to buy as well?

David Peat

Jul 23, 2021, 3:40:55 PM7/23/21
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Cant say i know much about carbon fibre except weave pattern is important and you need resin. I am trying to make a recumbent trike and this made me think i could make a seat from it but not sure if it would work well and i dont know what i would do if it was. Would people be able to assist with knowledge.

Dave

Stuart Common

Jul 23, 2021, 3:44:20 PM7/23/21
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jon

I would love to give some hand lay up a try if you still have some left please?

Cheers

Stuart

Jon Crookston

Jul 27, 2021, 6:07:31 AM7/27/21
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi folks,

Been away from email for a few days but think I've now responded privately to everyone who has expressed an interest.  If you haven't had a message from me and it's not in your spam etc. then do give me another shout.

Cheers.