Noto Sans CJK JP vs Noto Sans JP

Adi Omry

Feb 9, 2021, 2:47:07 PM2/9/21
to noto...@googlegroups.com
Hi. I noticed that for the CJK languages there are two sets of Noto Sans available. One set has the letters "CJK" in the font name, the other set does not.
For example, for Japanese I can find:

Noto Sans CJK JP

and

Noto Sans JP

I can't tell the difference between them, but they are not recognized as the same font by software such as Photoshop, or Indesign.

This is causing confusion and mix ups with our team that has multiple hubs globally. If there is a difference between the two, it would be helpful to know, so that we can decide on one and stick with it.

Thanks!
Adi

Dana Giurescu

Nov 4, 2021, 8:35:01 AM11/4/21
to noto-font
Hello Adi,

Was wondering if you got an answer to your question, as I am encountering the same issue.
Thanks,
Dana

Wyzmic

Feb 25, 2024, 11:25:47 AMFeb 25