ask a question about character showed in Ukraine

研一詹昌源

Dec 16, 2023, 8:52:13 AM12/16/23
to noto-font
Hello, I am a developer from China who is currently using this font to develop a software for Ukraine. I encountered some confusion when using this font to display Ukrainian. The figure shows a DEMO developed by QT, with the same sentence displayed on both sides. As shown in the figure, the character shaped like "i" is missing the top dot when using Noto fonts display, while another font displays the complete "i". I don't know much about Ukrainian, do I know if this is normal or abnormal? Looking forward to your reply, thank you!!!

mail.png

研一詹昌源

Dec 18, 2023, 3:20:06 AM12/18/23
to noto-font, googlefonts, onts
Hello, I am a developer from China who is currently using this font to develop a software for Ukraine. I encountered some confusion when using this font to display Ukrainian. The figure shows a DEMO developed by QT, with the same sentence displayed on both sides. As shown in the figure, the character shaped like "i" is missing the top dot when using Noto fonts display, while another font displays the complete "i". I don't know much about Ukrainian, do I know if this is normal or abnormal? Looking forward to your reply, thank you!!!

Sincerely,
joe

mail.png

研一詹昌源

Dec 18, 2023, 3:23:57 AM12/18/23
to noto-font, googlefonts, fonts
mail.png

研一詹昌源

Dec 18, 2023, 9:38:53 PM12/18/23
to noto-font, googlefonts, fonts
mail.png

Pierpaolo Bernardi

Dec 19, 2023, 8:28:21 AM12/19/23
to noto...@googlegroups.com, googlefonts, fonts
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_alphabet

As far as I understand, is only a stylistic variation. Both acceptable.