Selecting multiple notes

David Fisher

Sep 15, 2020, 11:28:42 AM9/15/20
to Notecase Pro
hi,

is it possible to select more than one note at a time in  the tree? It just dawned on me that of course you can't do it in the usual way (or what I would think of as the usual way), with the shift key, as this is reserved for moving the note within the tree. But is there some other way?

I should add I know about marking notes and how this lets you delete multiple notes etc,  but I was thinking about just grabbing a bunch of notes and placing them all under the same parent at the same time, as opposed to going through them one by one.

E.g. if you have a bunch of notes all on the same level:

selecting B, C and D and "indenting" them so they all become child items of A.

cheers

David F.

Paul Merrell

Sep 15, 2020, 12:23:37 PM9/15/20
to Notecase Pro
Ask and ye shall receive! Attached are three scripts for doing that
kind of stuff:

Demote Marked Notes One Level
Promote and Mark Children
Promote Children

They are under a menu script-launcher script. Just create a toolbar
icon or keyboard shortcut to the menu script. See Help file >
Automation, Scripts and Plugins > Launch Scripts and Plugin Actions
Quicker.

Best regards,

Paul
--
[Notice not included in the above original message: The U.S. National
message.]

David Fisher

Sep 15, 2020, 12:46:17 PM9/15/20
to Notecase Pro
Cheers Paul! I shall use and study.

David

Daniel H (hermocom)

Sep 16, 2020, 2:20:45 PM9/16/20
to Notecase Pro
Hi David, there is no other way than the way you know to select ("mark") multiple notes and do something with them.
What I do in a situation like yours is this:
Select B,
hit Shift-ArrowRight
hit ArrowDown (selects C)
hit Shift-ArrowRight
hit ArrowDown (selects D)
hit Shift-ArrowRight

Doing this in fast sequence is quick as it can be, as long as you only need to demote a few notes. Of course, this will be a lengthy task, if you need to demote / move / whatever dozens of notes.

Daniel

Paul Merrell

Sep 16, 2020, 4:36:57 PM9/16/20
to Notecase Pro
On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:20 AM Daniel H (hermocom)
<dher...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David, there is no other way than the way you know to select ("mark") multiple notes and do something with them.
> What I do in a situation like yours is this:
> Select B,
> hit Shift-ArrowRight
> hit ArrowDown (selects C)
> hit Shift-ArrowRight
> hit ArrowDown (selects D)
> hit Shift-ArrowRight

You're reading too fast, Daniel! :-)

I attached a script about two emails above this one that attempts to
demote all marked notes, Demote Marked Notes One Level.