feature request re number of registered scripts

info.sim...@googlemail.com

Sep 20, 2022, 4:29:39 AM9/20/22
to Notecase Pro
Hi Miro,

when registering scripts only the first 19 are assigned a number and can be used in a custom icon bar.
Feature request is to either increase the number or even better not having a hard limit at all so any registered script can be assigned to an icon in a custom icon bar

best regards

Raimund

Miroslav Rajcic

Sep 24, 2022, 2:40:04 PM9/24/22
to Notecase Pro
Hi Raimund,

just started cleaning my inbox, and seen that I may have missed replying to this post.
Problem with the request is that I would have to rewrite a lot of code.
Each shortcut needs to be tied to an action ID that it acts on. That's why I created up to 20 action IDs to be used with registered Lua scripts.
The key part is that the ID needs to be allocated in advance, so having unlimited number of shortcuts to be assigned to Lua scripts can not be achieved with the current system.

Would it help if I would increase this number?
Also, I seem to remember Paul or Daniel having a custom script that listed other scripts in kind of custom menu.
Having huge number of assigned shortcuts seems counterproductive (memorizing them all), so perhaps some other type of organizing the scripts might be better.

Best regards,
  Miro

Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 10:29 AM
To: Notecase Pro <noteca...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: feature request re number of registered scripts

info.sim...@googlemail.com

Sep 24, 2022, 2:56:15 PM9/24/22
to Notecase Pro
Hi Miro,

if it easy to increase the number to e.g. 50 that would be great - if not just leave it as it is. I asign the scripts to a custom icon bar which is structured with seperators and therefore easy to use. Given the number of scripts I have to automate my "CRM" system 19 is a bit little.  I have a script which shows all available scripts from a plugin (not cross plugins yet ;-) ) already.

best regards

Raimund

Paul Merrell

Sep 24, 2022, 7:41:26 PM9/24/22
to Notecase Pro
Raimund, here's my script launcher script that Miro mentioned.
--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National Security Agency neither confirms nor denies that it intercepted this message.]
                                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Miroslav Rajcic

Sep 27, 2022, 9:36:00 AM9/27/22
to Notecase Pro
Will check how easy would it be.

Regards,
  Miro

Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2022 8:56 PM
To: Notecase Pro <noteca...@googlegroups.com>

Paul Merrell

Nov 12, 2022, 7:09:14 AM11/12/22
to noteca...@googlegroups.com

To complete this thread, in the latest NC Pro about to be issued, the number of  scripts that can be registered is increased to 50.