Error accessing internet during update check

Ralph Alvy

Apr 19, 2013, 11:17:26 AM4/19/13
to noteca...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting that error message lately but my internet connection is fine. Running Mac version 3.7.8.

marbux

Apr 19, 2013, 2:37:30 PM4/19/13
to Notecase Pro
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Ralph Alvy <ra...@ralphalvy.com> wrote:
> I'm getting that error message lately but my internet connection is fine. Running Mac version 3.7.8.

I get that occasionally on my Windows laptop but never when running
from the desktop. One big candidate cause is that the laptop is
connected via a slower wireless connection, whilst the desktop
machines are directly connected via ethernet, producing the suspicion
that the app's time-out interval needs to be enlarged a bit.

Perchance, is your connection wireless?

Ralph Alvy

Apr 20, 2013, 2:14:09 AM4/20/13
to noteca...@googlegroups.com
Not using WiFi here. Keep getting this on the Mac at home but not on my Windows box in the office.

Miro

Apr 20, 2013, 7:43:56 AM4/20/13
to noteca...@googlegroups.com
Will test this out, thanks for report.

Ralph Alvy

May 3, 2013, 8:39:35 PM5/3/13
to noteca...@googlegroups.com
Seems fixed with 3.8.0, which I manually downloaded and installed.

April 20, 2013 4:43 AM
Will test this out, thanks for report.

On Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:14:09 AM UTC+2, Ralph Alvy wrote: --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Notecase Pro" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/notecase-pro?hl=en.

April 19, 2013 11:14 PM
Not using WiFi here. Keep getting this on the Mac at home but not on my Windows box in the office.

April 19, 2013 11:37 AM

I get that occasionally on my Windows laptop but never when running
from the desktop. One big candidate cause is that the laptop is
connected via a slower wireless connection, whilst the desktop
machines are directly connected via ethernet, producing the suspicion
that the app's time-out interval needs to be enlarged a bit.

Perchance, is your connection wireless?

April 19, 2013 8:17 AM

Miro

May 4, 2013, 12:47:11 AM5/4/13
to noteca...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for confirmation.

Regards,
  Miro

Christoph Trunk

Jul 19, 2024, 3:57:32 PM (3 days ago) Jul 19
to Notecase Pro
Hi all,

eleven years later I am getting a similar message each time I start Notecase, on various computers (Windows and Linux) and on my Android mobile. Most of them are connected to the internet via WiFi, my office computer is connected via ethernet. The message on computers reads: "Error while accessing the Internet for program update check!" An on my mobile it says: "Verbindungssaufbau zum Server fehlgeschlagen!" (failure of establishing connection to server)

I tried ticking off "Use HTTP Proxy" in the "16 Network'" settings, but that did not change anything.

I cannot remember modyfing anything in any of my Notecase installations.

Best, Christoph

Miroslav Rajcic

Jul 20, 2024, 2:35:41 AM (2 days ago) Jul 20
to Notecase Pro
Hi Christoph,

I've recently changed the web site hosting provider and its new configuration requires the usage of https protocol.
Because the old NCP code used plain http call towards the website to check for the program update, it started to fail as you've described.

The issue was fixed in v4.8.0, so the upgrade will fix it.
Let me know if that fixed the issue for you.

Regards,
  Miro