RTF Import with graphics.

wester...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2023, 2:42:13 PM11/8/23
to Notecase Pro
Hello,
 A while ago the RTF import worked great with including the graphics in those files.  Now it just imports the formatting text changes and has the default "graphic Icon" in place of the graphics.  I had to do a complete uninstall and reinstall a while ago so not sure if I missed something.  I also switched to the Portable version instead of the regular install if that has anything to do with it.  I've tried the regular "Import" on NCP Menu and also the Script file for importing RTF File Folders.

I've been switching over to text based files so didn't matter but now I have some need for the RTF importing graphics.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?  I can't do a Standard Install because it tells me I have an older version installed it needs to uninstall and the just locks.  The only thing I have installed now is the portable version.

Thanks,
Larry

wester...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2023, 3:03:43 PM11/8/23
to Notecase Pro
Sorry if I posted this before, I created a note of the post but can't find it in the Forum to see if I actually posted it or not.

Miroslav Rajcic

Nov 9, 2023, 11:38:25 AM11/9/23
to Notecase Pro
Hi Larry,

can you share a sample RTF file that does not import the graphics correctly? Send it directly to my email.

Note that RTF file can embed the pictures in multiple supported formats, and Notecase should likely support BMP and PNG, but not for example WMF, because it is not supported by GTK library.

Regards,
  Miro

Nov 9, 2023, 4:19:10 PM11/9/23
to noteca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Miro,

Thanks for the reply.   I'll just stick with TXT files as I was working towards anyway.  Here's a sample of the RTF files that just show the icon.  It should show a computer desktop.

Thanks,
Larry
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Notecase Pro" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/notecase-pro/DB9P251MB0032CACFD553D8857E409EABB2AFA%40DB9P251MB0032.EURP251.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.

Amazon.com_ HP Elite 8300 SFF Small Form Factor Business Desktop Computer, Intel Quad-Core i7-3770 up to 3.9Ghz CPU, 8GB RAM, 25.rtf

Miroslav Rajcic

Nov 12, 2023, 2:45:16 AM11/12/23
to noteca...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Larry,

with your example, I've managed to implement support for new RTF image format - JPEG encoded in binary format (as opposed to being encoded in hex format).
Can you try the test build for Windows here:

Let me know how it works for you.

Regards,
  Miro

Nov 12, 2023, 9:35:53 AM11/12/23
to Notecase Pro
Miro,
  It works great,  now I can go back to using this program for the other projects I've got going on.  That's going to be extremely helpful to me.
Thank you very much, I appreciate this.  You're an awesome developer.

Have a good one,
Larry

Miroslav Rajcic

Nov 12, 2023, 10:17:18 AM11/12/23
to Notecase Pro
Thanks Larry,

having a precisely defined issue (with sample file) helped great.

Regards,
  Miro

Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2023 3:35 PM
To: Notecase Pro <noteca...@googlegroups.com>