Problem with Style Manager

David Fisher

Apr 22, 2024, 9:05:57 AMApr 22
to Notecase Pro
hi,

I am having some problems creating styles. I try to select a font and get some odd results. E.g. if I select Calibri, I will only ever get Calibri Light. It says Calibri in the font list, but once I've selected it it becomes Calibri Light in the Style Manager. If I select Arial, I get Arial Condensed. Selecting Segoe UI gets Segoe UI Light. This only happens in the Style Manager. If I choose default fonts in Settings for Tree and Editor, then selecting Calibri gets Calibri, not Calibri Light etc.

David

Paul Merrell

Apr 22, 2024, 9:39:16 AMApr 22
to noteca...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 6:05 AM 'David Fisher' via Notecase Pro <noteca...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
hi,

I am having some problems creating styles. I try to select a font and get some odd results. E.g. if I select Calibri, I will only ever get Calibri Light. It says Calibri in the font list, but once I've selected it it becomes Calibri Light in the Style Manager. If I select Arial, I get Arial Condensed. Selecting Segoe UI gets Segoe UI Light. This only happens in the Style Manager. If I choose default fonts in Settings for Tree and Editor, then selecting Calibri gets Calibri, not Calibri Light etc.

This will need Miro's analysis. But a work-around:

1. Create a Calibri style.

2. Exit the program. (Never edit the .ini file while the program is running because NC Pro will overwrite your changes the next time it exits.)

3. Open your notecase_pro.ini file in a text editor that supports UTF-8 encoding. (You can find the file's location on your system using the Help file > Installing and Upgrading > NoteCase Pro File Locations > .notecase Directory.

4. Search for your Calibri style in the .ini file. It should read something like

     211: StyleName_1=Caliibri 20 (where 20 is your font size.

5. If it  says Calibri Light, delete the "Light."

6. If you also delete the font size, the effect will be to inherit the font size of the surrounding text, which is probably your default text font size. This is handy if you open the same document on a different machine that has a different screen resolution.

7. Save the .ini file to disk.

8. Relaunch the program.

9. Should be joy.

David Fisher

Apr 22, 2024, 11:09:45 AMApr 22
to Notecase Pro
Thanks Paul, I set the font successfully via the ini file.

cheers

David

Miroslav Rajcic

Apr 22, 2024, 11:52:28 AMApr 22
to Notecase Pro
Thanks Paul for a workaround.
I can confirm the issue, tested on Windows.

Regards,
  Miro

Apr 22, 2024, 12:16:07 PMApr 22
to Notecase Pro
BTW, David, what build do you use ?
If interested, I can create a test build soon for you to check the fix.

Regards,
  Miro