Cannot use the Menu drop downs

Shawn Eckhart

Feb 6, 2023, 1:52:40 PM2/6/23
to Notecase Pro
Hello,

I have a Mac Mini M1 running Ventura 13.1.  I am using NoteCase Pro 4.6.9.

I am not able to click on any of the sub-menu items.  When I click on File of Edit, nothing happens when I click on any of the drop down options.

If I select a note in the a left hand pane, I can right click and those options work, just nothing from the Menu items.

Also, is there any way to add a double space bar tap to auto insert a period?

Thank you!

Miroslav Rajcic

Feb 7, 2023, 2:17:47 PM2/7/23
to Notecase Pro
Hi Shawn,

just seen your email in spam folder.
Can you re-download the macOS package again (clearing the browser cache first) ?
I've recently (2-3 weeks ago) rebuilt this package to include latest GTK library updates.

On double space bar, not sure you can do that with exact sequence, but in general "auto replace" feature should be used for something like that.
In short, you define and activate AutoReplace document and assign it to a group, activate the group.
Then, typing one of the special characters within the note contents will trigger the autoreplace feature, inspecting contents before this trigger characters and if the match is found in the autoreplace document, the match word will be replaced.

You have quite detailed explanation within the 1st note of the demo autoreplace document "AutoReplaceDemo.ncz".

Regards,
  Miro

Feb 9, 2023, 5:17:50 AM2/9/23
to Notecase Pro
Hi Shawn,

I also use NoteCase Pro on an M1 Mac. I don' t have the menu issue you describe. So in general, it works.

Question: How did you configure the main menu in General Settings, page 11 "Custom"?
Did you enable "Integrate with global menu (OS X)" or not?
I don't have it enabled.
However, I just tried behaviour when I have it enabled: No issues as well.
But nevertheless, maybe it helps in your case to change this setting.

Daniel