15 Dark Themes for 32Bit Windows Version

karlma...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2021, 3:09:40 PM8/11/21
to Notecase Pro

Windows NCP Dark Themes: ONLY for Legacy GTK 2.x 32-bit (x86) build

Unzip & copy all folders to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\NoteCasePro\app\share\themes

NOT for GTK3 Version, just for the Windows version: Legacy GTK 2.x 32-bit (x86) build

Just Uzip & copy the folders to the /themes folder AND RE-LAUNCH APP
Link at bottom:

Detailed instructions for folder location at bottom.

These are 15 of the top themes I modded for NCP. Most are different now to their original versions.

These are all dark themes, good for working long hours, saves your eyes & Laptop battery, good for writers & coders.
Some took half an hour, most took much longer, recoding the style sheets, some took many hours.
I also edited or created some graphics for some. These have graphic assets in folders, unlike most NCP themes you used.

Do not worry what is in the folders or GTK2 or GTK3 subfolders. Just copy them into your  NCP themes folder.
These will not work with latest GTK3 version of NCP which has 2 themes only (Light & Dark) Hard_Coded into the app.
Until maybe later when NCP_GTK3 will also have a themes folder, which is unlikely in the near future.

On Windows You can have 3 versions installed:
1) GTK3 NCP

2) GTK2 32bit (these themes work only for that)

3) Portable installs, standard for portable apps location is: C:/PortableApps (can also put on USB Flash memory sticks, portable drives, SD_Cards etc). Portable version of 32bit can be installed with installer.
There are certain advantages to multi NCP installs on the same PC.

1) Make sure the Legacy GTK 2.x 32-bit (x86) build is installed
Link at bottom:

2) Unzip the file and copy all folders to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NoteCasePro\app\share\themes

That is it!
Do not copy to C:\Program Files folder as that is GTK3 version, copy to C:\Program Files (x86)
RE-LAUNCH THE APP to see themes
Also after changing themes: RE-Launch app to see new theme

THEMES are in:
Tools (menu): General Settings (Bottom option)
Then at top-left change dropdown menu option of PAGE to: 03 Display
Then THEME button on the right
Top-Right dropdown menu brings up list of themes
Choose & press OK & OK again. Re-launch app to see new theme effect.

Also Pressing F7 brings up the
Settings:  General Settings

I modded over a 100 themes so might post some more later. But these are my top 15 favorites. I like thick scrollbars so can work quickly. I like darker themes (Black or AMOLED) best.

Best wishes.
K.

karlma...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2021, 11:16:36 AM8/12/21
to Notecase Pro

CORRECTION to above:
You can only install the new:
GTK3 version (i have 64bit flavor)
+
PORTABLE version of the: Legacy GTK 2.x 32-bit (x86) build

Installing either GTK3 or GTK2, removes the other, so can only have one, not both.
But you can install the GTK3 version AND the portable of the legacy 32bit.

choosing the portable in the installerwizard, installs to:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\NoteCasePro

I chose the standard location for Windows portable apps (C:\PortableApps)

If you want the shortcut in your Windows Start menu:
Right_Click the executable:
C:\PortableApps\NoteCasePro\app\notecase.exe

Then choose:
Create Shortcut

Then move that shortcut to:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Then shows up in your Windows Start button menu. I called it:
Notecase Pro Portable 32bit
So not to confuse with GTK3 standard install.

Also coupe of points:
1) To have themes dropdown menu show in THEME SELECTOR in settings:
Click: Custom Theme (radio button first)
Then dropdown menu works

2) in General settings (F7):
BEFORE LOADING A FILE:
dropdown top-left to 03)DISPLAY
in COLOR dropdown, change top 2 options:
TEXT (to White, i actually use light gray, even easier on the eye at night)
BACKGROUND (to black)

Then your documents show with a black background and white or light gray font for text.

Another point:
NCP sometimes doesn't load up all documents from last session.
This is if you set it in settings (  02)LOADING    Reload last opened documents).
This happens sometimes with one NCP installed sometimes, though very rarely, so on launch no documents are open from last session.
Having both versions installed, this happens a bit more, so either opens with no documents.
Of course i NEVER have the same document(s) open in both, to avoid many problems.
But this problem sort of settles down after a while.

All the best,
K.

karlma...@gmail.com

May 25, 2022, 6:05:43 PM5/25/22
to Notecase Pro
had a free hour, so made my current GTK3 theme darker & more NCP brownish, this first one almost done polishing up....

Miroslav Rajcic

May 26, 2022, 6:22:26 AM5/26/22
to Notecase Pro
Nice 🙂