Problem opening an .ncdb file

Maryse-Anne Couteau

Aug 2, 2023, 9:40:44 AM8/2/23
to Notecase Pro
Hi, I installed the new Windowsx64 version and now I can't load my database. I get the message : Impossible to load the file (used by another process)!

Paul Merrell

Aug 3, 2023, 5:48:40 AM8/3/23
to noteca...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 2, 2023 at 6:40 AM Maryse-Anne Couteau
<couteau...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I installed the new Windowsx64 version and now I can't load my database. I get the message : Impossible to load the file (used by another process)!

Hi, Maryse-Anne,

Some things to try:

* Is the file selected in an open file manager? If so, select a
different directory or close the program.

* I suggest that you open Windows' Task Manager (right click on Task
Bar then select). See if you spot the process that is using the file.
If you find it, hit End Task.

* Uninstall the x64 version and install the 32-bit version then test.

Miiro probably will have some more ideas once he wakes up (he lives in
Croatia).

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message: The U.S. National
message.]

Maryse-Anne Couteau

Aug 3, 2023, 8:40:20 AM8/3/23
to Notecase Pro
Thanks for your answer.
I've tried all these options but nothing works, I have always the same message.

Miroslav Rajcic

Aug 3, 2023, 1:52:14 PM8/3/23
to noteca...@googlegroups.com
Few ideas to try:
  • try starting NoteCase and use "File > Open" or "File > Recent" menu to open the file, does it has the same issue?
  • after reproducing the issue, please go to "Help > Send activity log" menu and press "View" button to see the application log. Attach this log file to email and send it to me for an inspection, maybe there is a clue inside
I use the same Win64 latest build on a daily basis and I see no such issue, so I assume it might happen due to some setting. Sending me "C:\Users\<Your name>\.notecase\notecase_pro.ini" config file could help to test this hypothesis.

Regards,
  Miro