"Move Note Right = Tab": I got it. Forget my previous (now deleted) message.

Taka Takata

Dec 29, 2023, 2:06:07 PM12/29/23
to Notecase Pro
Two things threw me off:
1. After hitting the "Tab" key as shortcut for "Move Note Right" in the Tree Widget context of Tools -> Shortcut settings, nothing happened. Nothing appeared in the right column where shortcut keys are shown, unlike for "Move Note Left" which clearly displays "Shift+ISO_Left_Tab" when I set it so.
2. After step 1 above, clicking OK then restarting NCP, hitting "Tab" on an eligible note didn't move it. I tried the whole process several times, until I hit "Tab" TWICE. From then on, it worked... Geez.
GREAT!

Miroslav Rajcic

Dec 31, 2023, 3:27:57 AM12/31/23
to Notecase Pro
Hello,

thanks for the feedback, I accidentally found this email in my spam folder 🙁, so sorry for the delay with replying.

Tab is not a good choice for shortcut key because many widget toolkits use this key to change focus from one widget to another.
When using Tab together with "Shift" I guess there exists one moment when either Tab or Shift is being pressed alone, causing focus change (so that might cause issues).

Anyway, will test this later, thanks!

Note that there already exist a default hardcoded shortcut for the same action: Shift+Right arrow.
(similar shortcuts for move left, up, down - just use Shift + different arrow).

Regards,
  Miro

Jan 1, 2024, 3:28:10 PMJan 1
to Notecase Pro
Thanks for the reply!
Well, it works fine so far (Tab only), and I'll be aware in case of problems, thanks to what you wrote below...

Miroslav Rajcic

Jan 9, 2024, 5:26:01 AMJan 9
to Notecase Pro
Thanks for the feedback.