Plugins for NoteCase Pro

info.sim...@googlemail.com

Jan 27, 2021, 3:00:21 PM1/27/21
to Notecase Pro

Hi community,
also there is a great Plugin Feature in NoteCase Pro the owner of the website managing the plugins doesn't have the time to maintain it. Hence I make my plugins available on my own web site for download. The need to be installed fro a local drive.
I also share why for me NoteCase Pro is the best note taking application in professional and private live.
I know that the documentation for the plugins is not fully up to date bit I am hapy to answer any question you may have. If time permits I will update the documentation. currently the following plugins are available

Daniel H (hermocom)

Jan 27, 2021, 4:17:55 PM1/27/21
to Notecase Pro
Hi Raimund et al.

the problem is not that I don't have time to maintain it, but that unfortunately I don't have time to test the plugins (also because they are not "easy" to test), and we actually only want to pass plugins into the feed that are tested well enough.
Miro, what do you think? Should we pass these plugins into the feed untested?
Or is anyone here interested in testing them and letting me know if everything's okay?
I will gladly put them into the Plugin feed (so they can be installed via Plugin Manager directly from the feed) then. Raimung, did you use my "Plugin Developer Tools" Plugin to develop your plugins? If so, please use its Upload feature to upload the plugins into the feed. After approval by me (after successful test), they will be in the feed.

Daniel

Paul Merrell

Jan 27, 2021, 5:33:11 PM1/27/21
to Notecase Pro
On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 1:17 PM Daniel H (hermocom) <dher...@gmail.com> wrote:

> the problem is not that I don't have time to maintain it, but that unfortunately I don't have time to test the plugins (also because they are not "easy" to test), and we actually only want to pass plugins into the feed that are tested well enough.
> Miro, what do you think? Should we pass these plugins into the feed untested?

I think that would be okay IF:

1. The plugin's Help file contains contact information for the
plugin's support person (perhaps a new mandatory metadata field in the
Plugin Specification?); and

2. The only test performed by you would be to check that that plugin
does not crash NoteCase Pro when the plugin loads.

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message: The U.S. National
message.]

Miroslav Rajcic

Jan 29, 2021, 12:16:59 AM1/29/21
to Notecase Pro
IMO, if the plugin document is not locked/encrypted, you can add it at the website with some legal text that you are not responsible for any damage caused by it.
Anyone who uses it has a chance to check what the plugin code does.

Regards,
  Miro

Feb 3, 2021, 8:30:35 AM2/3/21
to Notecase Pro
Hi Everyone,

didn't meat to make this such a discussion. Regarding your comments

@Daniel - yes I did use the Plugin Template and yes I uploaded earlier version of 2 of them back in 2019. A fully functional test is properly a too big task if you are not using them on a regular base
@Paul - the contact information is in the plugin and I am happy to answer any question one may have related to the plugin. Especially given I do not have the time right now to update the documentation to reflect all the latest developments - help information is still basic.

Regarding maturity I can only share that I am using them on a daily base in NoteCase Pro on Windows and Linux and have in my main file almost 1000 active notes and almost 400 archived using the archive plugin. The PIM and Tools ones are the most used ones. I keep track of my business notes for roughly 2 years now with a complete agenda structure and a full log or archived notes I can restore when needed.
Are they perfect? By no means! NoteCase Pro plus the plugins are a perfect note taking solution for me. No need to test them and make them available through the plugin feed. I just want to offer a single source for plugins I developed in case someone is interested. That's all.

Best regards

Raimund

Miroslav Rajcic

Feb 5, 2021, 3:05:26 AM2/5/21
to Notecase Pro
Thanks Raimund,

from my point of view, it's great that you've managed to solve your needs with the plugins and at the same time share the knowledge for others to profit as well.

Regards,
  Miro