Stop Auo Exanding of Notes in Tree Pane

jcor...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2020, 12:56:19 AM9/13/20
to Notecase Pro
Hi Guys,

I can't remember, is there's a way to stop notes from automatically expanding when you move them with the keyboard?

Thanks,

John

Paul Merrell

Sep 13, 2020, 5:43:01 AM9/13/20
to Notecase Pro
On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 9:56 PM jcor...@gmail.com <jcor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't remember, is there's a way to stop notes from automatically expanding when you move them with the keyboard?

No, but you can make them collapse immediately after moving them.
Check out the 53_CollapseAllOtherNotes.lua shipping script. Following
description borrowed from the Help file:

The 53_CollapseAllOtherNotes.lua script collapses all notes in the
document other than the current note. If assigned to the After Note
Focused event trigger, the script automatically collapses all notes in
the document other than the current note after each change in note
focus from one to another which keeps your Tree Pane compact and clear
of clutter.

To assign this script to that event trigger, see instructions in the
Launch Scripts Automatically topic.

By default, this script collapses all descendants of the current note
as well. If you would prefer that the script cause the program to
display the current note's children in the Tree Pane, uncomment the
last line of the script by removing the two hyphens at the beginning
of the line.

To return to a previously visited note, use the History Back action
(by default the less-than icon (<) in the Toolbar and on the Notes >
Navigation History sub-menu).

<<<

To trigger the script after moving a note, in addition to assigning it
to the After Note Focused event trigger, I'd also assign it to the
After Note Moved trigger.

To my mind, this script adds functionality that should be built into
NC Pro. It eliminates the navigation barrier of having notes expanded
all over the document's tree.

I hope this solves your problem.

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message: The U.S. National
message.]