Can't colorize marked items

David Fisher

Aug 6, 2022, 8:30:10 PM8/6/22
to Notecase Pro
hi,

I'm unable to get NCP to apply coloring to my marked items. In Options the colour is set to red and the checkbox is ticked. I've checked the ini file as well:

MarkColor=#e0e01b1b2424
MarkColor_Enabled=1

Notes are actually being marked, I've checked this via e.g. putting them into the List, but no colour is applied.

Any ideas?

-- DavidF.

Miroslav Rajcic

Aug 7, 2022, 12:23:53 AM8/7/22
to Notecase Pro
Hi David,

works OK here.
I've used General Settings to set the Mark color to a blue one.
Then I've marked two out of three notes, and as expected their title within the tree of notes is colored in blue (the remaining note is black).

Regards,
  Miro

Aug 7, 2022, 12:09:52 PM8/7/22
to Notecase Pro
I had a few more tries without success. Uninstalled NCP and reinstalled, still nothing. Then I installed an earlier version I had lying around, NCP 4.5.7. Success! Now I could specify the colour of marked items and see it change on the screen.

So something has happened between 4.5.7 and 4.6.6 that has (at least on my installation, Windows 10) stopped the colouring from working for Marked Notes.

The only other thing I've tried colouring in 4.6.6 is the List Pane, but that works OK.

One thing that has changed, at least at the interface level, between 4.5.7 and 4.6.6 is that in the earlier version there is no check box to be ticked, when you change the colour.

Miro, do you have an archive of earlier versions? I'd be happy to work backwards from 4.6.6 and see what is the latest version where this problem does not arise.

Miroslav Rajcic

Aug 13, 2022, 1:33:01 AM8/13/22
to Notecase Pro
Hi David,

we will be more productive if you can send me (in private, so your recent document list is not public):
  • notecase_pro.ini file, i.e. your configuration
  • precise set of steps you do with 4.6.6 to reproduce the issue (whatever you can think of, including the test document)
  • attached application log ("Help > Send Activity Log > View")
  • screenshots to demonstrate the final result
Best regards,
  Miro

Aug 13, 2022, 3:09:02 PM8/13/22
to Notecase Pro
No problem Miro, I'll get this off to you.