Feature Request: Note Icons for Android

jcor...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2023, 1:10:44 AM9/14/23
to Notecase Pro
Hi Miro,

I've been adding icons (images?) to notes to indicate their status in the tree view.  This works fine in Linux, but I don't see the icons in the Android version.  Would it be possible to show and change these icons in the Android Notecase Pro?

Thanks,

John

Ps:  Also, do you think that there'd ever be any chance of running Lua scripts from Android?

Miroslav Rajcic

Sep 16, 2023, 1:18:28 AM9/16/23
to Notecase Pro
Hi John,

possible problem with icons is that they take too much precious screen space on a possibly small device. Do you use tablet or some big screen device with NCP for Android?
I'll can try running few experiments to see how the feature would look like.

Lua support for Android is unlikely, the actual app models for desktop and Android (multiple opened docs vs single, different editors, etc) would make the scripts for one edition incompatible with the other edition. This is just one of the problems.

Regards,
  Miro

Sep 16, 2023, 10:29:10 AM9/16/23
to Notecase Pro Google Groups
Hi Miro,

I use a ten inch tablet with 3 or 4 gigs of RAM (I forget the exact
amount). If it's possible, maybe a setting can turn showing the
images on or off?

I have a Lua script that recursively descends a note subtree to assign
the icon of the parent note from logic that evaluates the icons of the
child notes. But I can live without that script on Android and
reconcile when I take the document back to Linux.

Thanks,

--John