Feature Request: Make Search Bar Search Available Via Shortcut

Yansky

Dec 21, 2020, 11:41:29 PM12/21/20
to Notecase Pro

Hi, I much prefer to use the search bar search to the Ctrl+F one, but there doesn't seem to be a way to focus the search bar search without clicking on it.

I'd love it if the search bar had a keyboard shortcut I could use to make the cursor focus to it.

Cheers,
Yansky.

Miroslav Rajcic

Dec 23, 2020, 12:05:29 AM12/23/20
to Notecase Pro
Hi,
that's doable. I guess such shortcut should work only if the search bar is visible (i.e. it should not also activate the visibility)?

Regards,
  Miro

Dec 23, 2020, 12:25:31 AM12/23/20
to Notecase Pro
Yeah that would make sense.
Thanks.

Jeff

Dec 23, 2020, 7:58:37 AM12/23/20
to Miroslav Rajcic
Hi Miro

There's an annoying bug I the android version. It occurs intermittently when typing.

When starting a new line the initial letter in the new paragraph is not always capitalized. I changed digital keyboards but the problem persists. Also it only happens in NCP, so it's not the keyboard.

Jeff

Miroslav Rajcic

Dec 25, 2020, 2:55:12 AM12/25/20
to Miroslav Rajcic
Hi Jeff,

Android edition uses standard editor, implemented by OS itself. This feature you mention is not part of the app itself, so I assume it is a keyboard setting.
Please send me screenshots of app when you reproduce the issue and also an app log taken at that time.

Regards,
  Miro

Dec 25, 2020, 10:10:28 AM12/25/20
to Miroslav Rajcic
Thanks Miro. I recently switched to using Google's default keyboard (Gboard) and when I noticed this problem continuing to happen I decided it was not the keyboard's fault. The other weird thing is that it only happens in NCP not in any other app (email, Officesuite, Quickoffice, etc). So, the combination of it happening with Gboard and only in NCP made me think of writing to you.

Anyway I've lived with it for years so I'll just continue to compensate for it. I thought you should know.

Jeff

Paul Merrell

Dec 25, 2020, 6:59:53 PM12/25/20
to Notecase Pro
On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 9:05 PM Miroslav Rajcic <mra...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> that's doable. I guess such shortcut should work only if the search bar is visible (i.e. it should not also activate the visibility)?

I don't see a problem with the shortcut also resulting in opening the
search bar if it isn't open.

In any event, I think the focus should jump to the search bar's query
field when it is first opened, which the app currently does not do.

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message: The U.S. National
message.]

Miroslav Rajcic

Dec 28, 2020, 5:35:16 AM12/28/20
to Notecase Pro
LOL, just started to implement the request and it seems it is already implemented 🙂
"Jump to Search Bar" action can be assigned a custom shortcut key combination, by default it uses Ctrl+Shift+F.

Regards,
  Miro