Protect start of NCP with password?

Christoph Trunk

Aug 3, 2023, 4:34:38 PM8/3/23
to Notecase Pro
Hi,
another beginner's question.
I looked around in group postings, but failed to find an answer to a seemingly simple question: When I start Notecase Pro in Windows, I would like to protect this procedure by a password.
I am surprised that I do not find this option in the preferences of NCP. Did I just miss it, or do I have to use an external tool?
Best, Christoph

Paul Merrell

Aug 3, 2023, 5:15:40 PM8/3/23
to noteca...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Christoph,

There's no self-contained way to block NC Pro from launching. However,
you can encrypt documents so they won't display without a password.
See Help file > Getting Started > Security and Safety > Encrypting a
Document with a Password.

Best regards.

Paul
--
[Notice not included in the above original message: The U.S. National
message.]