Re: [Not Just Arduino] Abridged summary of not-just-arduino@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Faraz Sayed

Dec 31, 2016, 6:17:03 PM12/31/16
to Nja Maillist
It looks like theres no official event anymore because of the poor attendance (sorry, I'm guilty of that). I am planning on visiting on the 9th of Jan, if anybody is free, love to meet old and new friends.
Faraz

On Dec 26, 2016 16:26, <not-just...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Gabriele Monti <mon...@gmail.com>: Dec 26 03:09AM -0800

is there any plan for an arduino meetup in the new year?
...more
You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.

marc barto

Jan 2, 2017, 6:20:21 AM1/2/17
to Not Just Arduino
HNY all!

9th Jan sounds like a good idea for another meetup, I'll be there

Hari Karam Singh

Jan 4, 2017, 7:22:44 AM1/4/17
to Not Just Arduino
Hi,

I'm interested in getting my fingers into some (not just)arduino hacking. I've not been to the space before. Would it suitable to come this monday or better to come to the Tuesday open nights they do?  Thanks!

Gratefully,
Hari Karam Singh

theb...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2017, 7:12:44 AM1/7/17
to Not Just Arduino
Hi

Yeah let's arduino on the 9th. I've got some motor stuff to figure out.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say to Hari to come, and I can be there as member 'host'.. provided there's no objections from others? Assuming Hari you're still planning on coming?

Ideally everyone has kit to play with.. arduino is quite nice as a starting point vs. raspberries etc .. does anybody have a spare arduino to bring? It's late now for monday, but longer term, is there a good place to leave one at the space for arduino workshop use?

Anyway, Hari.. if you can get a laptop up and running with the arduino IDE that will be good. https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/HomePage . For linux, i just run as root, to workaround the port permission issues described on that page (but should fix it properly one day). I see there's an online IDE too, I haven't tried.

Hari Karam Singh

Jan 8, 2017, 4:35:42 PM1/8/17
to Not Just Arduino, theb...@gmail.com
Thanks Brent!  Just bought an Arduino Uno from Amazon to arrive mon. And I'll DL the IDE. I presume the lab had a breadboard and basic parts?

Do I need to buzz you in order to get into the building or anything?

HK

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/not-just-arduino.

marc barto

Jan 9, 2017, 4:28:14 AM1/9/17
to Not Just Arduino, theb...@gmail.com
The tube strike will prevent me from attending tonight unfortunately :(

Yes just ring the doorbell and say that you're here for the Not Just Arduino meetup in the classroom.

There is the box in the electronics station with an Arduino clone and some jumper cables, otherwise you can find plenty of LEDs / resistors etc. Remember to put them back in place after use.

On Wednesday, 4 January 2017 12:22:44 UTC, Hari Karam Singh wrote:
Hi,

I'm interested in getting my fingers into some (not just)arduino hacking. I've not been to the space before. Would it suitable to come this monday or better to come to the Tuesday open nights they do?  Thanks!

Gratefully,
Hari Karam Singh

Hari Karam Singh

Brent

Jan 9, 2017, 11:11:48 AM1/9/17
to Not Just Arduino
Hi

It looks some folk won't make tonight, given strike, and i'm a bit poorly so I'll skip. Up for other mondays tho..

I know many have basically got arduino/s now, but just to say I got good mileage from the starter kit at http://oomlout.co.uk/products/arduino-starter-kit-ardx
(I'm sure there's other starter kits and/or one can mix n match parts, but for what it's worth).

Hari Karam Singh

Jan 9, 2017, 12:54:46 PM1/9/17
to Brent, Not Just Arduino
Cool. I'm thinking about going in tomorrow for the open house night. If time/space allows, I plan to do a little work on with arduino. (I want to build a galvanic skin resistance meter/grapher). Otherwise hope to meet you all some other night.

Gratefully,
Hari Karam Singh
--

The future of musical artistry...