Arduino workshop for beginners - Registration now open

marc barto

Jan 22, 2016, 12:28:36 PM1/22/16
to Not Just Arduino
Hi all

Here are the details for the Arduino workshop in partnership with London Arduino, announced first on this thread. This workshop has been created for complete beginners but we aim to have more advanced content in the future.

Sign-up link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/getting-started-with-arduino-tickets-20969446178

All details are on the registration page, but here is the key info:

When/where: Sat 6th Feb from 10 to 4pm in the classroom
Workshop teacher: Lily Madar
Max participants: 10
Price: £45 + £3.67 eventbrite fees (for info we're paying the teacher and give a £150 donation to the space)

I'm using Eventbrite, not because I enjoy it, but because we always had people dropping out at the last minute in the past, and it's easier to manage the waiting list and transfers.
Like I mentioned in the announcement thread, we will save some spots to improve diversity among attendees.

I'll update the wiki with these details shortly, let me know if any questions.

Do we have a working video-projector btw?

Thanks

Marc

marc barto

Jan 31, 2016, 5:39:06 PM1/31/16
to Not Just Arduino
Hi all

A reminder that our workshop is taking place Saturday. We're looking at dates for the next one which will be focused on IoT.

I forgot to mention here that there is a discount for hackspace members (and friends) via this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/getting-started-with-arduino-tickets-20969446178?discount=LDNHackspace

We have still some places left, if you can spare a sec to get the word out please use the info below.

cheers

Marc

_______________________

To share via email

Workshop: Getting started with Arduino
When: Saturday 6th February 10am-4pm
Where: London Hackspace

Join our creative technologist Lily for a day-long workshop exploring the potential of the prototyping platform Arduino. This course is designed for complete beginners and is open to anyone over 12.

Arduino is a platform for building electronics projects used by students, designers and technologists all over the world. With this board you can build almost anything: a mood light, a plant watering system, a biking jacket, a whiteboard clock...

If you don't own an Arduino kit, it can be provided on the day. You'll only need to bring a laptop with you.

To register please visit:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/getting-started-with-arduino-tickets-20969446178

To share via twitter:
New to #Arduino and creative technology? Join a workshop for beginners next Saturday with @notjustarduino https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/getting-started-with-arduino-tickets-20969446178

Philip Senior

Feb 1, 2016, 11:14:48 AM2/1/16
to Not Just Arduino
Hi Marc,
Thanks for organising this.
I've been meaning to come to the biweekly Monday group for some time, but have been sick/busy. I've just had my confirmation from Eventbrite, so I'll make sure I'm there early to help set-up/clean room and welcome visitors.
Cheers,
Phil.

marc barto

Feb 1, 2016, 11:41:10 AM2/1/16
to Not Just Arduino
Great to hear you're joining us Phil. Just checking: will you bring your own Arduino starter kit or will you need us to provide you one on the day?

cheers

Marc

Philip Senior

Feb 1, 2016, 12:32:02 PM2/1/16
to Not Just Arduino
I've got what looks like a pretty good starter set( led's, leads, breadboard, remote, stepper controller&motor etc.), but there is loads of extras with it, tons of sensors,some I don't know what they are. Probably best if you look at the lot sometime, if we don't have time on Saturday then I'll come along one Monday. I have a couple of projects in mind for myself but I am happy for the rest to go to a good home.
So I'll bring my starter kit, the extras, my laptop with Arduino software preinstalled, I also have a ebook that has some good reading in- I just haven't managed to put anything into practice yet.
I am hoping this workshop will give me the kick up the ass I need.

marc barto

Feb 2, 2016, 4:49:52 AM2/2/16
to Not Just Arduino
Hi Phil

That kit is more than enough for what we'll cover on the day. You're also very welcome to come along on the next Not Just Arduino which will be on Monday 8 Feb.

See you on Saturday.