Micropython on ESP8266

dannz

Dec 2, 2015, 7:33:01 PM12/2/15
to Not Just Arduino
Has anyone tried getting micropython running on an ESP8266? If so how was it?

Danny Staple

Dec 4, 2015, 3:53:25 PM12/4/15
to Not Just Arduino
Yes I have.  It works, but is a bit quirky and is certainly not as far developed as NodeMCU (Lua based) for getting stuff running. I would love to see it doing more though.

While Damien (the key micropython guy) has his attention elsewhere (on the BBC microbit) it's not getting much attention recently.

I've just recently looked at simplifying getting a build environment to make your own builds of micropython to add features or fix stuff - http://orionrobots.co.uk/2015/12/03/esp-micropython-vagrant-image/.

Thanks,
Danny