Use "SimpleAuthenticator" with

ibtissem fakhfakh

Aug 9, 2011, 5:43:15 PM8/9/11
to nosql-fr
I use apache-cassandra-0.8.1 and i would like to use
"SimpleAuthenticator" rather than the default authentificator mecanism
provided by cassandra.
That's why i have changed the authentificator element in the
cassandra.yaml file to
"authenticator:"org.apache.cassandra.auth.SimpleAuthenticator " and i
have modified the cassandra.env.sh like this :
JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Dpasswd.properties=c:/cass_0.8.1/conf/
passwd.properties"
JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Daccess.properties=c:/cass_0.8.1/conf/
access.properties"

But when i try to start de cassandra server i obtain error like this :

ERROR 22:17:11,796 Fatal configuration error
org.apache.cassandra.config.ConfigurationException: When using
org.apache.cassan
dra.auth.SimpleAuthenticator passwd.properties properties must be
defined.
at
org.apache.cassandra.auth.SimpleAuthenticator.validateConfiguration(S
impleAuthenticator.java:140)
at
org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.<clinit>(DatabaseDescr
iptor.java:194)
at
org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.setup(AbstractCa
ssandraDaemon.java:99)
at
org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.activate(Abstrac
tCassandraDaemon.java:315)
at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java
:80)
When using org.apache.cassandra.auth.SimpleAuthenticator
passwd.properties prope
rties must be defined.
Fatal configuration error; unable to start server. See log for
stacktrace.

C:\cass_0.8.1\bin>

Someone can help me to solve this probleme !!!
Thank you in advance