- I am building a single test runner that collects tests from a test case repository, and executes them in a nose suite.
- Not running command line, runner is a python script to be executed nightly from Jenkins.
- I am using the Multiprocess plugin, so that I can timeout tests at 3 minutes. This is critical because the run must complete overnight, and some tests hang.
- For each test, I have to report P/F back to the repo.
- For failure/error, I have to attach the traceback.
My main issue right now is there is no other reporting mechanism that I can find other than STDERR.
Tried using Xunit, but it doesn't work with Multiprocess.
I tried using XunitMP but when I add the plugin, the runner doesn't execute.
I started with Unites because it gave me a nice interface for running tests and reporting results.
I switched to Nose because I needed support for parallel runs and timeouts, but i'm loosing reporting it seems.
Is my only choice to write a parser for STDERR?
Thanks for any suggestions/feedback/critiques you may have.