with-doctest and ignore-files

Skip Montanaro

Nov 13, 2017, 1:46:16 PM11/13/17
to nose-...@googlegroups.com
I'm running nose over a suite of Python files specifying
with-doctest=1. One of the files it scans imports uwsgi, which isn't
available. I tried adding

ignore-files=wsgi.py

to my noserc file (and tried tweaking the pattern in various ways),
but it still scans it. It took me awhile to figure out that it's the
doctest plugin which is finding that file, not the main unit test
discovery code. Apparently, with-doctest ignores ignore-files? I don't
see an obvious way to specify exclusions for the doctest plugin. Is
there a way I've yet to discover to get it to pay attention to
ignore-files?

Here's my noserc file:

[nosetests]
verbosity=1
with-doctest=1
with-xunit=1
doctest-extension=md
doctest-options=+NORMALIZE_WHITESPACE
ignore-files='^.*wsgi[.]py'

and my command line:

nosetests -v -v -v -c noserc directory-1 directory-2 README.md

Thx,

Skip Montanaro