Our November Norwescon ConCom Meeting is This Saturday

1 view

Michael Hanscom

Nov 15, 2021, 4:19:01 PM11/15/21
to norwescon Norwescon, norwescon-concom Norwescon
Join us to help plan for Norwescon 44!

The November ConCom Meeting is coming soon!

# Meeting Details

DATE: Saturday, November 20, 2021
NEW TIME: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
PLACE: Airmeet

This month we'll be using Airmeet — the same platform that we used for Norwescon 43 and that we'll be using for our upcoming Norwescon Waypoint mini-con!

Airmeet works best in Google Chrome. Other browsers may not have full functionality.

## Agenda

We will start by going directly into department breakouts at 10 a.m. -- find your department in the Arena tab of Airmeet. When your breakout ends, hop over to the tables to hang out, chat, and socialize. The main meeting with announcements and department reports will start at noon. If you don't need to attend one of the breakout meetings, feel free to just join us at noon to find out what we've all discussed!

## CONDUCT

If you need to activate your camera or microphone during the meeting, we ask that you respect all of your fellow staff members and refrain from broadcasting inappropriate imagery, symbols, or language. If you need a neutral virtual background, a Norwescon background image is available [on our website](https://www.norwescon.org/media/promo-web-banners/).

# OCTOBER MEETING RECAP

The second ConCom meeting has come and gone. We used Airmeet, as practice for Waypoint Norwescon.

**Any word on if Norwescon 44 will be virtual or real life?** The plan is to have a live convention at the DoubleTree. We are monitoring the situation with COVID-19, however, and making backup plans in case conditions for a live convention are unfavorable. We will need to make a commitment to live or virtual in January, which is the last date that Norwescon could back out of its hotel contract without incurring substantial penalties.

**What’s the word on Waypoint?** The dates for Waypoint Norwescon, our midwinter virtual relaxacon, have been moved to January 15–16. There will be a combination of new panels, performances, readings, and socializing with reruns from Norwescon 43. Stay tuned for more details as the date approaches.

**What can I do with my good organizational skills?** Funny you should ask. Michael Hanscom is looking for a secretary second, both to help with the secretary duties now, and to potentially take over the position of secretary for Norwescon 45. If you have strong writing skills to go with those organizational skills, contact Michael at secr...@norwescon.org.

**How is the time travel project going?** We have come up with a way for you to visit Norwescons of the past. The [Norwescon Digital Historical Archives](https://history.norwescon.org/) are available, where you can see all kinds of memorabilia from cons gone by. We would love to have even more! If you have things to share from past Norwescons, snap a picture and send them to us. We would like your pictures from past cons, as well as particular memories, such as your first Norwescon, that panel that changed the world for you, or which introduced you to something that will stay with you forever. Write it up and we will include it. We can also take physical donations for the archives. Send all submissions to web...@norwescon.org.

**What about the Little Free Library?** After a short apocalypse-induced hiatus, The Little Free Library will be back for Norwescon 44, and it needs books! Last time we distributed over a thousand tomes, spanning from science fiction and fantasy to mystery, nonfiction, horror, children's books, graphic novels, and more. Please consider donating the next time you clean through your stacks. Contact Michelle Morrell at members...@norwescon.org to arrange pickup anywhere from Olympia to Bellingham. Or bring them to con—we welcome all people and all books.

Recap by Mike Brennan

# MEETING DOCUMENTATION:

Meeting agendas and minutes, the policies and procedures manual, Norwescon bylaws, and more information can be found on the [Staff Updates page of our website](http://www.norwescon.org/get-involved/concom/). The agenda should be posted a few days before the meeting.

# FUTURE EVENTS:

* ConCom: November 20, 2021
* ConCom: December 11, 2021
* ConCom: January 15, 2022
* ConCom: February 5, 2022
* ConCom: March 19, 2022
* ConCom: April 2, 2022
* Norwescon 44: April 14-17, 2022
* ConCom: May 14, 2022

Want to join us outside of ConCom meetings? Wonderful! Until we can safely host in-person gatherings again, you're welcome to join us on our [Norwescon Discord server](https://discord.gg/nwMvMA7) for geektastic socializing in the online world!
--
Michael Hanscom (he/him)
Norwescon 44 Secretary