NWC43 February Meeting Announcement

Michael Hanscom

Feb 10, 2021, 7:08:34 PM2/10/21
to norw...@googlegroups.com
Jack in to the virtual realm and start planning for Norwescon 43!

The February ConCom Meeting is coming soon — at the new 10 a.m. start time!

# Meeting Details

DATE: Saturday, February 20, 2021
NEW TIME: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
PLACE: Zoom

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 856 4159 5455
Passcode: 389928
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,85641595455#,,,,*389928# US (Tacoma)
+16699006833,,85641595455#,,,,*389928# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 856 4159 5455
Passcode: 389928
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kb93nZeZ82

## ZOOM INFORMATION

In order to protect the safety and health of our staff, all planning meetings this year are being held online using the Zoom teleconference system. Please make sure you have the most recent version of the [Zoom client](https://zoom.us) installed and working before the meeting starts. Zoom is available for both desktop and mobile platforms.

Please note: A recent version of the Zoom client is required to use the "self-select" feature for breakout rooms — in other words, if you want to be able to move from one breakout virtual room to another on your own during that section of the meeting without having to ask to be moved. Please launch the Zoom client and [check for updates](https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version) before the meeting starts.

## CONDUCT

If you need to activate your camera or microphone during the meeting, we ask that you respect all of your fellow staff members and refrain from broadcasting inappropriate imagery, symbols, or language. If you need a neutral virtual background, a Norwescon background image is available [on our website](https://www.norwescon.org/media/promo-web-banners/).

# OPEN POSITIONS

Not sure what you might want to do? Check out our [list of positions we're looking to fill](http://www.norwescon.org/get-involved/open-volunteer-positions/). The page is still getting populated, so even if nothing there looks perfect for you, there are often more options that just haven't made it to the website yet, so feel free to let us know where your skills and interests lie.

# MEETING DOCUMENTATION:

Meeting agendas and minutes, the policies and procedures manual, Norwescon bylaws, and the NWC42 Onions and Roses report can be found on the [Staff Updates page of our website](http://www.norwescon.org/get-involved/concom/). The agenda should be posted a few days before the meeting.

# FUTURE EVENTS:

February ConCom: February 20
March ConCom: March 13
Stuffing Party: April 1-4
May ConCom: TBA

Want to join us outside of ConCom meetings? Wonderful! Until we can safely host in-person gatherings again, you're welcome to join us on our [Norwescon Discord server](https://discord.gg/nwMvMA7) for geektastic socializing in the online world!
--
Michael Hanscom (he/him)
Norwescon 43 Secretary