The October NWC44 ConCom meeting is this Saturday!

Michael Hanscom

Oct 13, 2021, 1:50:24 PM10/13/21
to norwescon Norwescon, norwescon-concom Norwescon
Join us to help plan for Norwescon 44!

The October ConCom Meeting is coming soon!

# Meeting Details

DATE: Saturday, October 16, 2021
NEW TIME: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
PLACE: Airmeet

This month we'll be using Airmeet — the same platform that we used for Norwescon 43 and that we'll be using for our upcoming Norwescon Waypoint mini-con!

Airmeet works best in Google Chrome. Other browsers may not have full functionality.

## Agenda

We will start by going directly into department breakouts at 10 a.m. -- find your department in the Arena tab of Airmeet. When your breakout ends, hop over to the tables to hang out, chat, and socialize. The main meeting with announcements and department reports will start at noon. If you don't need to attend one of the breakout meetings, feel free to just join us at noon to find out what we've all discussed!

## CONDUCT

If you need to activate your camera or microphone during the meeting, we ask that you respect all of your fellow staff members and refrain from broadcasting inappropriate imagery, symbols, or language. If you need a neutral virtual background, a Norwescon background image is available [on our website](https://www.norwescon.org/media/promo-web-banners/).

# SEPTEMBER MEETING RECAP

The first ConCom meeting is done, and was done virtually. Not as much fun as if it had been in-person, but the parking was much easier (and free!).

**Will the next convention be in person?** Plans for Norwescon 44 maintain a great deal of flexibility. The plan is to assemble in the real world next April. But as the world still hasn’t decided if it will be post-apocalyptic or currently-apocalyptic, there is a chance the Con will be virtual. The decision whether to pivot to virtual will be made in early January 2022.

**What about funds?** The last couple of years have been money-losers for Norwescon. This means making some changes to more efficiently use our resources, most of which will be invisible to members. Other changes are being considered, as always, to make the convention better. One that will be very obvious if implemented is layout: several departments are considering major changes in what-goes-where, in order to better use our space. If you have ideas, and would like to help, contact conventio...@norwescon.org.

**Programming deadlines.** It’s still Fall, but we are fast approaching the deadline for panel suggestions. If you have an idea for a panel, visit our [Panel Suggestion](https://www.norwescon.org/con/program/panel-suggestion/) page.

**Relaxacon in January!** To help tide us over, Norwescon will be holding a virtual event called Waypoint Norwescon in January. This will consist of two days on Airmeet, the virtual platform used for Norwescon 43, including a full day of new, live content, and one day to showcase replays of some Norwescon 43 highlights. This will be a relaxed event, with the virtual lounge open for socializing and games. Expect more details to follow.

Recap by Mike Brennan

# MEETING DOCUMENTATION:

Meeting agendas and minutes, the policies and procedures manual, Norwescon bylaws, and more information can be found on the [Staff Updates page of our website](http://www.norwescon.org/get-involved/concom/). The agenda should be posted a few days before the meeting.

# FUTURE EVENTS:

* ConCom: October 16, 2021
* ConCom: November 20, 2021
* ConCom: December 11, 2021
* ConCom: January 15, 2022
* ConCom: February 5, 2022
* ConCom: March 19, 2022
* ConCom: April 2, 2022
* Norwescon 44: April 14-17, 2022
* ConCom: May 14, 2022

Want to join us outside of ConCom meetings? Wonderful! Until we can safely host in-person gatherings again, you're welcome to join us on our [Norwescon Discord server](https://discord.gg/nwMvMA7) for geektastic socializing in the online world!
--
Michael Hanscom (he/him)
Norwescon 44 Secretary