Anyone have a meteor cherry?

Richard Goerwitz

Apr 29, 2012, 9:17:58 PM4/29/12
to northfieldga...@googlegroups.com
I've been looking for a meteor cherry grown from a cutting or tissue
culture, but have found nothing - only grafted trees.

I'm wondering, therefore: Does anybody have a healthy meteor (on a
rootstock or not) with a branch they are looking to prune. I'd like
to take an 8-inch cutting and try to root it.

This is apparently possible.

The thing about the meteors is that they are naturally dwarfing.
There's no real reason to put it on a rootstock other than it's more
convenient, I guess, for the big nurseries to mass produce them that
way.

Not that a rootstock is bad or anything. I would just like to try one
without a graft!

--
Richard L Goerwitz III
ric...@goerwitz.com