Farm-Scale Perennial Agriculture Tour

1 view

Kathy Zeman

Jul 5, 2014, 8:43:09 AM7/5/14
to kze...@kmwb.net
Farmers, educators, nonprofits:

Ride the bus for the Farm-Scale Perennial Agriculture Tour at Forest Agriculture Enterprises near Viola, Wisconsin!

Farmer Mark Shepard has modeled the perennial farm on native ecosystems, "to produce... food, fiber, and fuel while restoring critical ecosystem services." http://www.newforestfarm.net/our-story.html

Plan for a full-day educational tour on Wednesday, September 3, 2014, ~7AM - 6PM out of Rochester. We'll work in a few passenger pick-up stops along the way, depending on participant needs.

Bring your own breakfast and snacks to sustain you through the 3-hour tour. A meal will be provided around 2:30PM for the return trip

The bus is expected to fill up fast, so request a spot now. Our grant requires that a percentage of participants be educators. The trip, tour and meal will be free of charge.

Contact Lois Kennis:  olso...@umn.edu or 507-280-2863.

Sponsored by:  MN Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education and the University of Minnesota SE Regional Sustainable Development Partnership with additional support from Fillmore County Soil and Water Conservation District.

--

Lois Kennis

Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships

Health and Nutrition Support

University of Minnesota Extension Regional Office

863 30th Avenue SE

Rochester MN 55904-4915

Phone 507-280-2863

Fax 507-536-6311