The Clock

Patrick Coyle

Jul 13, 2015, 8:03:16 AM7/13/15
to north...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows what happened to the BR station clock that Northackton had. The last I saw it was sitting unused and unloved in the corner of the NSME main room. We've got a member of staff who is leaving and our team are looking to get a clock like that. We'd be happy to make a donation to NSME and take it away if it is still unused and they aren't planning on using it.

Thanks all,
Patrick

Adrian Godwin

Jul 13, 2015, 8:10:45 AM7/13/15
to northackton
I took it to London hackspace but it isn't set up there yet.

Patrick Coyle

Jul 13, 2015, 8:21:29 AM7/13/15
to north...@googlegroups.com
Do you know if the London Hackspace would be willing to part with it for a donation?

Adrian Godwin

Jul 13, 2015, 8:29:34 AM7/13/15
to northackton
I don't know - we initially intended to get it going but it hasn't seen much action.

It's actually not a BR clock, it's Chiltern railways. Does that make a difference ?

I'd suggest you ask on the LHS mailing list - I think some people would be keen to save the space, and not many would be desperate to work on it.

The clock LHS got from Nottingham (and which is in use) has one panel broken, so it's only useful on one side. But we don't have many places where 2 sides are useful. Even so, you might find that LHS are happier to lose the broken one than the complete one.

Patrick Coyle

Jul 13, 2015, 9:56:32 AM7/13/15
to north...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Adrian, I'll drop LHS an email.

Patrick

Martin Raynsford

Jul 13, 2015, 9:59:05 AM7/13/15
to north...@googlegroups.com

Also worth dropping micheal erskine from nottingham hackspace an email, he was the one that rescued 10 clocks and spread them round the hackspaces in the first place.
Martin