Da Vinci Jr 3D printer donation

John Allan

Mar 30, 2022, 6:29:19 AM3/30/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hi there

I have a da Vinci Jr 3D printer that I have not used but bought 2nd hand as used once. Would anyone like it? Would happily donate to the maker space if folks were interested or to any individuals.

Cheers
John

Alistair MacDonald

Mar 30, 2022, 6:49:16 AM3/30/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the offer John. As you may realise the big problem with Da Vinci printers is they are DRM locked so you can only use XYZ filament, and that is twice the cost of a decent quality supplier. Because of this we probably will not want to use it in the space.

That is not to say it is not a usable printer. If anyone wants one to print the odd thing out but will not be printing on mass it is still okay. If anyone wants it then do shout. You will not be depriving Maker Space.

All the best,

  Alistair

Chris

Apr 1, 2022, 1:39:22 PM4/1/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested, my printer has never been a reliable printer and part of me wants to defeat the DRM, just because.

Regards,
 Chris

jimmyfl...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2022, 10:01:48 AM4/5/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hi if your local as Newcastle I would like to have it if it’s still available

Sent from my iPhone