Free conveyor belt in search of a new home

Mike Sheldon

Nov 3, 2023, 4:58:24 PM11/3/23
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have a small conveyor belt that I no longer have a use for. If either the makerspace or anyone on this list thinks they'd be able to make use of it, you're very welcome to it, free of charge. You would need to come and collect it from the Summerhill area in the middle of town (NE4), but it will fit in a car.

I made a short video giving details and showing it in action: https://youtu.be/9FBL6YmBzpU

I previously used it with a gocator laser profiler and an encoder for developing an industrial brick scanning system.

Cheers,
Mike

Alistair MacDonald

Nov 4, 2023, 10:46:53 AM11/4/23
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I am going to regret lining you to up, but, a friend of mine is interested in it for part of his Christmas lights display ( https://www.hodgsonlights.com/ ). No I don’t know how or will work, but I have learnt not to ask such questions.

Will it fit in a Ford Fiesta (or a smaller car)? Also when do you need shot if it?

All the best,

  Alistair

Mike Sheldon

Nov 7, 2023, 3:45:47 PM11/7/23
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alistair,

That sounds fun!

I've taken the legs off and strapped them to the underside, which makes it fairly compact (here's a picture: https://mikeasoft.com/~mike/conveyor.jpg). It's about 1.4m long, so as long as that'd fit in some direction it should be all good.

No specific date when it needs to be gone, so whenever is convenient is good with me.

Thanks,

Mike