Free Laser Cutter

Alistair MacDonald

Nov 26, 2023, 6:29:32 PM11/26/23
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
If you did not know, Maker Space has upgraded it's laser cutter and we need to get shot of the old one. We were hoping to get a small donation for it, but as long as it is going to a good home this is not a requirement.

In short, do you want it? Do you know someone who wants it?

We have had a few people who were interested, but sadly no one has taken it. I suspect it is the size that is the issue. It is working, supplied with software, and we can help set it up. You will need to have it transported (although we can help with this) and buy a new (low cost) water pump and extruder fan.

If you are interested then please let me know ASAP as we are close to dismantling it for spare parts. I really would like to avoid this and for it to have a second life.

All the best,

  Alistair

John McKenna

Nov 27, 2023, 6:50:42 AM11/27/23
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I have a friend in Darlington who recently lost access to the laser cutter she was using. She's very interested.
I'm away next weekend, so wouldn't be able to move it until the weekend after.
Happy to make a donation to the Space in return

Nov 27, 2023, 9:48:50 AM11/27/23
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
If they want it and it is going to be used then that is great. :-)

I wonder if it is worth organising a conversation between them and one of the laser maintainers to check it will do what they want it to do, and that there is enough space for it.

All the best,

  Alistair

Glen Beestone

Nov 27, 2023, 9:50:04 AM11/27/23
to North East Makers
I have a water cooler that can go with it if there are any takers (a "reserarator" same as we are currently running on our new one )

Glen

--
Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

John McKenna

Nov 27, 2023, 10:36:04 AM11/27/23
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I'll try to arrange a visit for Wednesday
Sent: 27 November 2023 14:48
To: north-ea...@googlegroups.com <north-ea...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Makers] Free Laser Cutter

Alistair MacDonald

Nov 27, 2023, 11:37:50 AM11/27/23
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

John McKenna

Dec 5, 2023, 5:09:37 AM12/5/23
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
OK, the conclusion that no one wanted. My friend did a bunch of measuring and figuring out how to get the cutter in to its intended home, and it's not going to be practical- it'd require removing door frames or worse. Plus, I was the "driving the van and providing labour" part of the plan, and I've now got a broken shoulder and cannot help at all.
We're going to have to pass. Sorry for raising hopes

Sent: 27 November 2023 16:37

Alistair MacDonald

Dec 5, 2023, 5:21:56 AM12/5/23
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Wait, what, broken shoulder? Ouch. That is not good. I hope it heals quickly.

Don't worry about the laser. We have had others interested so we should be able to get it moved.

All the best,

  Alistair