Re: [Makers] Abridged summary of north-east-makers@googlegroups.com - 8 updates in 1 topic

Asad Rashid

Jul 2, 2022, 6:18:15 PM7/2/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have the caption call t67, it has recently been rooted on its default Linux image.

Details are here:

I don't have the skill to make this a fully open sip phone. But I would love to donate my phone if it can be progressed further to run say android or more apps, easier.

Would any body be I trested in taking up this project, for the greater good?

Thanks

On Fri, 1 Jul 2022, 9:32 pm , <north-ea...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Alistair MacDonald <alistair....@gmail.com>: Jul 01 11:05AM +0100

We could do with a phone for the new building to receive incoming phone
calls. This is so when someone sets of the alarm off the control room can
check if it is a real fire. It is not overly ...more
Gregory Fenton <gregor...@gmail.com>: Jul 01 11:14AM +0100

Can't help with the SIP phone, but surely the overriding rule should be to
evacuate rather than wait for the control room to ring the phone.

A mobile phone would be the only real option, ...more
Alistair MacDonald <alistair....@gmail.com>: Jul 01 11:39AM +0100

This is not if there is an actual fire. The monitoring company calls to
check it was not an accident before calling the fire brigade. If no one
answers it you get the password wrong they are called ...more
Glen Beestone <gl...@technologist.com>: Jul 01 12:56PM +0200

did no one grab one at EMF. there were loads being dropped at the bring and donate tent near the end

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
...more
Alistair MacDonald <alistair....@gmail.com>: Jul 01 12:15PM +0100

I did not. At that point I did not think we would need one.

All the best,

Alistair

...more
jon.d...@gmail.com: Jul 01 12:50PM +0100

I suspect I will soon (v.soon) have access to quite a number of SIP phones looking for a good home.  There will be a mix of Yealink T46G and T46S (one being the updated version of the other, but ...more
Alistair MacDonald <alistair....@gmail.com>: Jul 01 02:34PM +0100

Thanks Jon. Understand.

I wonder if there is scope for some serious overengineering with these at
am event? Talk roulette across many Late Shows venues? #scopecreep ;-)

All the best,
...more
jon.d...@gmail.com: Jul 01 04:56PM +0100

Don't you give me ideas.  I like them, but stop it :)

Sent from Nine