Have you a SIP Phone going spare?

Alistair MacDonald

Jul 1, 2022, 6:06:08 AM7/1/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
We could do with a phone for the new building to receive incoming phone calls. This is so when someone sets of the alarm off the control room can check if it is a real fire. It is not overly important and we can use a mobile of needed, but if someone have a phone going nothing then using that would be better. Anyone got anything at the back of a cupboard?

All that best,

  Alistair

Gregory Fenton

Jul 1, 2022, 6:15:01 AM7/1/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Can't help with the SIP phone, but surely the overriding rule should be to evacuate rather than wait for the control room to ring the phone.

A mobile phone would be the only real option, especially as a lot of SIP phones are an extra hurdle when it comes to dialing the emergency services.

As always, Rule 0 should be followed at all times.

Just my tuppenn'orth

Greg

Alistair MacDonald

Jul 1, 2022, 6:39:40 AM7/1/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
This is not if there is an actual fire. The monitoring company calls to check it was not an accident before calling the fire brigade. If no one answers it you get the password wrong they are called anyway. Yes, if there is a fire then we get out and stay out.

This is the same for the burglar alarm by the way.

All the best,

  Alistair

Glen Beestone

Jul 1, 2022, 6:56:20 AM7/1/22
to North East Makers
did no one grab one at EMF. there were loads being dropped at the bring and donate tent near the end

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Alistair MacDonald

Jul 1, 2022, 7:15:35 AM7/1/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I did not. At that point I did not think we would need one.

All the best,

  Alistair

jon.d...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2022, 7:50:06 AM7/1/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I suspect I will soon (v.soon) have access to quite a number of SIP phones looking for a good home.  There will be a mix of Yealink T46G and T46S (one being the updated version of the other, but essentially the same).

Sent from Nine

Jul 1, 2022, 11:56:06 AM7/1/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Don't you give me ideas.  I like them, but stop it :)

Sent from Nine