Toshiba 15V PSU

Alistair MacDonald

Feb 21, 2022, 6:13:13 AM2/21/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone got an old 15V Toshiba laptop PSU lurking around anywhere that they don't need. Listed as delivering 5A. I am happy to swap it for one of the many other power supplies I have, but 15V appears to be somewhat unusual.

All the best,

  Alistair

Glen Beestone

Feb 21, 2022, 8:35:21 AM2/21/22
to north-east-makers
I definitely have a 15 volt PSU kicking around as I just retained one from an old scanner I just threw. It unlikely to be that sort of power though.

I'll check what it is when I get home.

Alternatively I have million old 19V laptop supplies kicking about if you can put a suitably high current buck converter inline with it.

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Alistair MacDonald

Feb 21, 2022, 8:59:52 AM2/21/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Yes, 19v supplies do appear to be the new standard. If only the manufacturers could agree on a power connector and then we would waste so much less of the world's resources.

Anyway, back to the point. I was not really expecting anyone to have one. It was more just in case as we all seem to collect the power supplies, yes somehow never quite have the one we want. It is just for an old laptop that I use for odd projects and half expect not to turn on each time I power it on anyway. I think I will add it to my pile of things to fix when I get round to it. I tried to open the PSU earlier but it is looking like an unreasonable force required job.

All the best,

  Alistair

Chris

Feb 21, 2022, 4:54:31 PM2/21/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I think I have one. It'll be in my loft if I do, I'll check if you still need it.

Chris

Alistair MacDonald

Feb 22, 2022, 11:05:18 AM2/22/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

I do still need it, but it is not urgent, or for that matter important. It you have one then it will be very welcome, but don't go too far out of your way.

All the best,

  Alistair

Brian Degger

Feb 22, 2022, 2:29:14 PM2/22/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I may have one too...will check when I get home.

Brian Degger

Feb 22, 2022, 4:15:20 PM2/22/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Found one ;)
Will bring it tomorrow.
IMG20220222211356.jpg

Alistair MacDonald

Feb 23, 2022, 4:49:49 AM2/23/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Oooo. Not exactly the same but close enough as far as I can see. Can grab it off you some time to give it a try?

All the best,

  Alistair

Brian Degger

Feb 23, 2022, 5:27:53 AM2/23/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
It's from a Toshiba I rescued from hack or die/MSW clear out...not using the laptop either, do you want that...slowly moving it toward the ewaste rolly case.

Alistair MacDonald

Feb 23, 2022, 10:52:07 AM2/23/22
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if it has a compatible keyboard? Many of the keys are not working properly on the one I have. Yes. I might try and make one good machine out of the two less good ones.

All the best,

  Alistair